1. Join The Global Pregnancy Community Today!

Click here!

Welcome to Maternity Forum! Join The Global Pregnancy Community Today! Click here!

Anniversary Ideas

Discussion in 'Dad Talk' started by MrHandy, Jan 7, 2017.

1. MrHandy

MrHandy Member

Our anniversary is coming up and I'm thinking of doing something special, like an out of town escapade or something. I have the option of leaving the kids with the grandparents, or they can all come with us.

What do you think would be better of the two?

2. JennyCannes

JennyCannes Active Member

I think anniversaries are better relished by the two of you alone. With kids, you'd always have time to take them out, but anniversaries are the chance for you to keep the flames alive :)

3. Amber Lee

Amber Lee Member

Out of town would be great! Maybe you can book a hotel for overnight and maybe think of the things you used to do before you had kids and you can do them again, like maybe drinking (lol) or eating out at your favorite resto or whatever you are not able to do since you had your kids. I am sure your wife will love it. Oh, and don't forget the flowers. :)

4. MrHandy

MrHandy Member

Thanks for the suggestion ladies :) I'm thinking of a mini repeat proposal, but I think I will save that on our 15th anniversary. (Now's the 14th) :p I have to prepare for that though :)

5. Amber Lee

Amber Lee Member

Wow that's really a sweet idea! I hope we are still active in this community/forum by the time you celebrate your 15th year together! :) I just get mushy over things like these. It makes my heart melt :)

6. Summer

Summer Member

Yay! You are the sweetest! I love it when guys re-propose to their wives, it's just so heart melting. I am 18 years old and it really gives me goosebumps whenever I hear things like this. :)

7. Honeylette

Honeylette Active Member

Woooow! I'd like to hear your love story sometime, @MrHandy :D I wonder if my hubby is planning anything for our next anniversary. Haha!

8. iamevallain

iamevallain Member

as I don't have any, its just me and my husband when we celebrate our anniversary! but given the option, unless its a milestone anniversary (10th, 20th, 30th, 40th, etc.), I'd like to take the kids with us - and my hubby agrees with the idea too! Its a beautiful opportunity to make those family ties stronger. :)

9. I wish my husband would do something like that @MrHandy! just a secret, he always does the same routine for our anniversaries, buys me a piece of jewelry or a new dress or a pair of shoes, and then we have dinner. although I appreciate his efforts, and I really do, I secretly want to have something different this time, like trekking or whatever adventure!

10. Rrrobert

Rrrobert Member

This year I planned something great for my wife!!! our anniversary is 2 months away from her due date, and when that time comes, I bought us tickets to Paris! it'll be just for 3 days and 2 nights, but it's gonna be great!

11. wow, that's great man! I remember when we reached our 10th anniversary, I took her for a transatlantic cruise! she was so shocked when she learned I've arranged everything with her work, our son, the house. all she had to do was pack her bags! lol

12. HappyMum

HappyMum Active Member

Wow, is it just me or our dads here are just great men! My husband is the sweetest too, he always comes up with something special even when there' s nothing to celebrate. Keep up your good work, boys ;)

13. Leiah

Leiah Active Member

Wow, that sounds really romantic! :D I hope we can fit that kind of vacations in our budget by next year :)

14. Princess

Princess Active Member

Are they going to allow your wife to get on a plane? When I was pregnant with my first child, the OB did not allow me to board a plane..

15. Rrrobert

Rrrobert Member

well, I made sure to save up for that trip @Leiah and to answer your question @Princess, it's gonna be after her due date, so she should've delivered our bouncing baby by then! lol

16. well just make sure then man, don't want to go wasting those tickets! and I'm pretty sure its gonna cost a lot more when you re-book that flight... better just re-sell them if ever that's the case. *ehem* :D

17. Christie

Christie Active Member

Nice try, @Picked Peppers haha! Well, at least those tickets would make you both happy :D

18. a guy can push his luck, right? @Rrrobert my man! haha