1. Join The Global Pregnancy Community Today!

Click here!

Welcome to Maternity Forum! Join The Global Pregnancy Community Today! Click here!

antibiotics (Flagyl or Metronidazole) during first trimester

Discussion in '1st Trimester' started by Angle rahma, Mar 24, 2017.

?

Do you think its wise to wait till I complete 11 weeks before taking antibiotics?

1. its safe I have taken it

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. its not safe do not take it

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Angle rahma

Angle rahma New Member

hi I am currently 9 weeks pregnant I had few symptoms of BV (bacterial vignosis) my doc prescribed me Flagyl (metrozole). (TMI) Symptoms that I feel are foul smell and color of discharge, how ever when my doc did a swab test the Ph was not very off which usually is in BV. She said that we have enough reason to put you on antibiotics because of smell and color of discharge. I have done my research and came to conclusion that its not safe to take this antibiotic during first trimester, even on the prescription it is mentioned that if you are in your 1st trimester speak with your Doc about it. I have been doing home remedies and i feel like my symptoms are subsiding so I have not yet started taking the antibiotics I am waiting to get close to my start of 2nd trimester and If the symptoms I will take it then. Any advice on this with your experience?