1. Join The Global Pregnancy Community Today!

Click here!

Welcome to Maternity Forum! Join The Global Pregnancy Community Today! Click here!

Any Bookworms here?

Discussion in 'Off Topic Chat' started by LizB, Dec 18, 2016.

1. LizB

LizB Member

Are there fellow bookworms here? May I please ask what was the best book you read this year? I would love to have a list of books to read over the holidays :D Thanks!

2. MommyofTwo

MommyofTwo Active Member

I love reading books when I was still single. But this year, I haven't read any books. :(

If you are looking to reqd love stories and very light stories, try books of Cecilia Ahern, Meg Cabot and Sophie Kinsella. I love their books so much.

3. Summer

Summer Member

Try books of Paulo Coehlo, very very good book like By the River Piedra, I sat diwn and wept, The Alchemist. Also Dan Brown's Angels and Demon, very good books too.

4. Nicholas Sparks, very good books written by him. It's really nice to read them before you watch them on film. You get the whole story.

5. Solange Diaz

Solange Diaz Active Member

I really like what is nowadays called YA. I know some would think it caters to a certain age demographic, but I like light reading and a lot of Fantasy YA are really good, like Harry Potter and The Hunger Games. Books I read this year though has more serious undertones: Girl on a Train, Light Between Oceans, and a really inspiring journal style self-help called Romancing the Ordinary by Sarah Ban Breathnach.

6. Is YA more like the same as Wattpad? My nieces loves reading stories there. They said there a lot of stories there they can choose and most of them, if not all, caters to teens.

7. Princess

Princess Active Member

It would be Tuesdays With Morrie. Yes, it has been around for ages but I just got to read it now and it is very good :)

8. I've read that. It was such a great book as well as The Five People You Meet in Heave. I even watched that movies too. :)

9. HappyMum

HappyMum Active Member

I read those books but I haven't seen the movies. Time to Netflix binge again :p

10. They have that on Netflix? Gosh, I want to watch it. Haha. I've seen it a couple of times already but never get tired of watching them over and over. :)

11. LizB

LizB Member

YA means young adult and is actually gotten quite widespread. Harry Potter is considerd Fantasy YA, and a lot of popular movies from books like The Fault in Our Stars are YA. I can imagine Wattpad has a lot of YA stories too.

@Solange Diaz : I read YA too because it's often lighter than the usual literature trope!

12. LizB

LizB Member

I have to check Netflix then because the book was really cool. :) thanks for the info!

13. Oh, YA mean young adult. Now I get it. Haha. I watched The Fault in our Stars but haven't read them. I'm sure the book is more detailed than the film. :)

14. Dilly's Mom

Dilly's Mom Active Member

The last book I read was called The Ghost Bride by Yangsze Choo and it was a magical realism coming-of-age sort of lit set in the olden Chinese dynasties. I also plan to reread A Hundred Years of Solitude because it really is my fave book.

And lastly, the movie tanked, but the book Perfume: The Story of a Murder is an eerie mystery novel that's just lyrically beautiful. Have you read it?

15. Amber Lee

Amber Lee Member

There are a lot of story books written by Nicholas Sparks that are very good like the classic Message in a Bottle, very nice story.

16. iamevallain

iamevallain Member

I haven't read for a while but there is this one I would love to read again, The PPrince of Tides. Disclaimer: not a light read ;)

17. Summer

Summer Member

For some reason, I don't like to read thick books or novels. I want those medium size pages where I can finish in like 2 days. :)

18. who has the time, right? Haha, I don't :)

19. Amber Lee

Amber Lee Member

I think this only applies to those who are single, who are bored and very bookworm. And pregnant. :)

20. iamevallain

iamevallain Member

Sometimes, it is better to know the conclusion of the book as soon as possible