1. Join The Global Pregnancy Community Today!

Click here!

Welcome to Maternity Forum! Join The Global Pregnancy Community Today! Click here!

Any DC or comic figurine collectors here?

Discussion in 'Dad Talk' started by MrHandy, Jan 5, 2017.

1. MrHandy

MrHandy Member

I love collecting figurines. From Marvel to DC and other comics. I have a glass case in my man cave down at the basement full of expensive action figures and well-made replicas from games and comic books.

My wife is very supportive and sometimes buys me one figurine for a special occasion. :p

2. Honeylette

Honeylette Active Member

Oh my brothers love collecting these. They also have shelves with protective glass, and a part of their houses look like mini museums :D

3. I dont know about comics, but my cousin is a big collector of those MLB Baseball cards! Lol

4. Princess

Princess Active Member

Oh, those are crazy. They have some "rare" cards that they actually sell for ridiculous prices!!

5. Rrrobert

Rrrobert Member

Yeah they are! From an article, a 1909-1911 T206 Honus Wagner baseball card sold for 2.8 million dollars! Ridiculous. @_@

6. Christie

Christie Active Member

Good for you @MrHandy to have a supportive wife. I know I'm not so much a fan of those haha. But they are interesting.

@Rrrobert, 2.8 million dollars?! I can buy a decent and big house in Canada for that amount!!

7. JennyCannes

JennyCannes Active Member

Before I got hitched, my brother and I used to collect these. We would save up money and go to comic cons, private events and releases.
    We have a fairly big collection too, including those made from movies and various video games :D

8. MrHandy

MrHandy Member

Even I can't keep up with that price lol. I set a ceiling of $3k for that. Yes, I know, it's a lot, but someday my collection will be 50-100x its original price :p

9. Rrrobert

Rrrobert Member

wow, 3,000 bucks? that's just a lot! I invest myself with only one hobby, watches and shoes (and no, not rubber shoes/sports shoes)!