1. Join The Global Pregnancy Community Today!

Click here!

Welcome to Maternity Forum! Join The Global Pregnancy Community Today! Click here!

Assisted Conception Methods

Discussion in 'Wanting to conceive' started by Honeylette, Nov 6, 2016.

1. Honeylette

Honeylette Active Member

I heard a lot of success stories with assisted conception, but I'm not too familiar with the methods. Are they safe and affordable? Because one of my friends was sad that she couldn't get pregnant with her husband, and I need some advice on which are useful to her.

2. Solange Diaz

Solange Diaz Active Member

Leiah likes this.
  3. Leiah

Leiah Active Member

Thanks Solange! We have a mini support group for moms here at our community and some of the older ladies there are thinking about assisted conception. I'm kind of lost about it so this is a good start in knowing about those methods. :)

4. I didn't realize there are a lot of ways you could be assisted in this category. I mean I know the doctor could probably do something and I saw the movie of Jennifer Lopez when she opted to get pregnant through that sperm she was given by her doctor. Wow! That's a lot to take in.

5. iamevallain

iamevallain Member

Honeylette, I am curious as to which of the methods are you leaning towards to? I am considering accepting an offer to freeze my eggs for the meantime, so I am not sure how well that would go. My partner and I are still going to decide on it, so when the time comes we could go in vitro.

6. Princess

Princess Active Member

I never really knew that there are so many ways in which conception is assisted. I've heard of in vitro fertilization before but now there are many other options to choose from.
    Maybe I should ask hubby if he wants to consider any method for the future. :p

7. I hope most couples still go the old and tested route. You only need to get the assistance if you are having a difficult time conceiving right? So unless there's a problem, or something to be concerned about, let's be old fashioned and just enjoy it ;)

8. iamevallain

iamevallain Member

Old fashioned all the way, I definitely agree with you Carla! Anyway, I hope we don't get any problems with conception.