1. Join The Global Pregnancy Community Today!

Click here!

Welcome to Maternity Forum! Join The Global Pregnancy Community Today! Click here!

Atopic Pregnancy

Discussion in 'High Risk Pregnancy' started by Amber E Rader, Apr 25, 2017.

1. Amber E Rader

Amber E Rader New Member

Hello,

I am reaching out in hope to get some answers from outsdoers and not family.

On March 29 i went to the ER with major pelvic pain! While there i found out i was pregnant...probably in the first week it was so early. i was to return to OB on monday for another blood draw to confirm. After that blood draw they caled and said my numbers are not rising the way they should so. I should return in 2 weeks for repeat testing. Long story short i went back for testing and because my numbers were still off i was sent to OB TRIAGE.

Triage did an ultrasound and couldn't find the baby at all what so ever so they gave me 2 injections of methotrexate and told me to follow up to make sure numbers were decreasing.

The first blood draw on day 5 showed that my Hgc dropped about 100. The day following the blood drawl i was about to eat lunch and took 1 bite before i fell to my knees. I had my mom rush me to triage where they did a urine test and told me i was just having side effects from the injections and sent me home. The following morning (yesterday) i woke up in the worst pain of my life and some bleeding which i thought was normal being i was in the process if losing the baby so to speak. I could not get comfortable at all...laying down...standing up..i toonk a bath and a shower and could not take it anymore and told my mom that i needed to gi to triage ASAP.

Everytime i go to triage i am in the waiting area for 2 hours.

My mom rushed me there and pushed me up with a wheelchair because at this point i can't even stand on my own 2 feet. They get me back in the room after the longest 2 hours of my life and immediately do an ultrasound and see fluid in my belly. They take me to the OR as soon a possible and drain 30 mL of blood out of my stomach and took my left ovary.

My question would be: my family is considering malpractice because of they way things were handled. I am jusy thankful that i listened to my body and went right away. I feel like we should just move on but they all keep pressuring. Me

Last edited: Apr 25, 2017
  2. RoNa

RoNa Administrator

Hello Amber,

I am sorry to hear about your experience. It must be frustrating on your part. Do you think by any chance that the people from triage committed malpractice and that the first time you went there they should have let you confined in the hospital and performed series of tests? I think what you should do is consult a lawyer about it with your family.