1. Join The Global Pregnancy Community Today!

Click here!

Welcome to Maternity Forum! Join The Global Pregnancy Community Today! Click here!

Best Baby Formula Milk

Discussion in 'Formula Feeding' started by Leiah, Nov 3, 2016.

1. Leiah

Leiah Active Member

Don't get me wrong, I am totally into breastfeeding. The benefits, the goodies your baby can get, the bond you two will share that is priceless and immeasurable, I know all that. And yes, they are amazing.

However, I am faced with the dilemma of having very little milk. I tried many of the suggestions friends and family gave me, but still it's the same. And I can't let my wonderful bundle of joy starve, so here I am exploring formula milk.

I've found many articles, but this one I like most:

http://www.bestproducts.com/parenting/baby/g1491/best-baby-formula-brands/

If you can suggest brands other than those outside the list, feel free to let me know. I would appreciate it :D

Christie likes this.
  2. Honeylette

Honeylette Active Member

The list on the link you gave are all organic, I wonder if I should switch to one of those.
    With so many brands of infant formula milk available, I'm not really sure which is best for the babies.

I can understand your problem, my best friend underwent the same thing and she just had to stop stressing about it and shift to formula milk. Her baby is so healthy and active, it made me less fearful or wary of infant formula milks.

Christie likes this.
  3. Solange Diaz

Solange Diaz Active Member

The truth is I grew up on formula milk, as most of my friends. So to me, fed is best! :) i agree that if you can afford organic milk, the better. my baby had to use nutramigen because he had cow's allergy. Darn expensive though.

4. Solange Diaz

Its best to consult pedia as well, i think

5. Christie

Christie Active Member

I've always wondered why organic is always more expensive, if there were no additives in there, why the extra cost?:confused:

But yes, even with babies I agree with you that organic is definitely better if you have to use formula milk.

6. Dilly's Mom

Dilly's Mom Active Member

That is so true, Solange! I grew up on formula milk too... those were the days when parenting was really more of a survive-the-day kind of battle. As long as baby is getting the best that is possible, we shouldn't hang ourselves upside down over it. :D

7. Christie

Christie Active Member

The earliest I remember drinking formula milk was at preschool, before that time I would have to ask Mum. Haha. But the formula milk are very carefully made to meet the demands of the babies and their rapid growth, so it all comes down to the moms if they wish to use breastmilk or formula milk. :)

8. Hiip is not on the list. I wonder why? My kids are all HIIP babies and then eventually we switched to the Enfapro line. They are all happy babies, no problems with their bottle feeding or anything.

9. Dilly's Mom

Dilly's Mom Active Member

I use Nan Optipro and tried Hiip too. Good brands. I checked and double checked that they do not have too much sugar in them. The good thing about Nan though is they have a partially hydrolyzed line which is good for babies with some intolerance with milk.

10. Solange Diaz

Oh, I'm waiting for the day my son will be able to switch to at least Nan or Hiip! The Nutramigen milk is, I kid you not, really, really expensive. It turns out it costs me twice in a month using it, than I would spend if i use Nan.

11. babymar

babymar New Member

Since I wanted the best for my baby, I did some research on what could be the closest alternative for breast milk. After searching why breast milk is good for babies, and checking on pros and cons of different kinds and brands of formula milk, I found out that organic formula is the healthiest alternative to breast milk. Take note, not all organic formula on the market really provides the best possible ingredients so I tried searching and came upon this site http://myorganicformula.com. They provide formulas that is made out of purely organic ingredients and is therefore the best way to replace breast milk. I tried using Hipp Bio Combiotik 1 for my baby because he has a sensitive stomach and to my surprise, he likes it and is compatible with Hipp. He is now drinking Hipp Bio Combiotik Kindermilch 1+ and I am so happy and satisfied with it since I am noticing how amazing his growth pattern as well as how healthy he is.