1. Join The Global Pregnancy Community Today!

Click here!

Welcome to Maternity Forum! Join The Global Pregnancy Community Today! Click here!

Breast Implants Problem

Discussion in '1st Trimester' started by Honeylette, Nov 28, 2016.

1. Honeylette

Honeylette Active Member

I am part of a community here in our city where we mingle with other pregnant women from time to time. We have a member who has breast implants and is on her first trimester. She is kind of scared, and to be honest I am scared for her too.

Do you know if it is okay for her to retain her implants or should she have them removed because of the pregnancy?

2. Is it safe to have those removed while pregnant? I think it's best that she consult a doctor for that. I am also wondering if that will hinder her from breastfeeding her child if she decides to do that. I am a little scared for her too. :(

3. MommyofTwo

MommyofTwo Active Member

Gosh! I am scared for her too. Why did she have those in the first place? Better ask a doctor before she does something to it to be safe. I wish she would be able to breastfeed her child without problem. @Honeylette do you guys have doctors in your community too? Maybe you can ask them too.

4. Alex Santiago

Alex Santiago Member

I've read online that breast implants pose no harm to the pregnant mother and her developing baby. It's also safe to breastfeed when you've had them since silicone and possible saline rupture aren't harmful for the baby. So there's no need to have them removed, if she doesn't want to. But overall, it's always best to consult the doctor for any medical decisions.

5. Solange Diaz

Solange Diaz Active Member

Hmmm, implants aren't really risks and there is no need to be scared. She could even breastfeed if she wants to, although perhaps with increased difficulty. I think it would be riskier to have it removed at this stage anyhow.

6. Dilly's Mom

Dilly's Mom Active Member

I know to each his own, but I never really understood the need for implants. And one of the reasons is because I thought why would I want to mess with my future son's food machine? In any case, I did read it is not harmful even during pregnancy, unless you got it from a fly by night surgeon who placed godknowswhat in the implants and it bursts.

7. MommyofTwo

MommyofTwo Active Member

I think she didn't realized that when she had those implants. Nevertheless, she should think if she need or want to remove them since you guys mentioned that it's not harmful.

8. Princess

Princess Active Member

I guess it's okay for her to keep them. I heard in one of those free health seminars that these are not harmful for the mom and baby, but it will be very difficult for breastfeeding, and that it can be quite painful when the breasts are growing during milk production.

I personally feel no need for implants even if I am not that blessed but we all have a choice in this. Just that we should be ready to face the consequences.

9. HappyMum

HappyMum Active Member

I can almost imagine. The breast tissues and mammary glands tend to grow a lot during pregnancy and lactation, and sometimes become engorged even without implants. So imagine having painful breasts then having those implants pressing those sore breasts even more. Must be painful...

10. MommyofTwo

MommyofTwo Active Member

Yeah, I am feeling pain just imagining it :( I hope she don't experience much pain if she decide to keep them. I wish her an easy pregnancy. :)

11. JennyCannes

JennyCannes Active Member

Good to know that it's safe for both the mom and the baby if there are implants present. Just reassure your friend about this, but it wouldn't hurt for her to brush the topic with her OB or nurse.

12. JennyCannes

Is the pain always there? Oh gosh I hope not. Maybe there are cases where they hardly feel any pain if this happens?

13. MommyofTwo

MommyofTwo Active Member

If the breast is engorged because of milk inside breast, then if there is implants then it might be squeezed in and might cause more pain. :(

14. JennyCannes

@MommyofTwo Oh :( Then I hope she doesn't get too much pain from it. She should probably work together with her doctor for pain medications in case it gets unbearable :(

15. Christie

Christie Active Member

It would depend on her pain tolerance. I think not all women experience engorged breasts as long as she expresses the milk and breastfeeds regularly. Clogged ducts would be a problem though, and I hope she won't get that..

16. MommyofTwo

MommyofTwo Active Member

Yes, that's right. @Christie is right too, it depends if the mom experience engorged breasts but in my case, I've had those 1-2 times only but it was so painful, considering I don't have big breasts.

17. Christie

Christie Active Member

Even 1 to 2 times is really, really painful. I had it once and I was literally crying in pain :(

18. MommyofTwo

MommyofTwo Active Member

Me too! It was so sore that when you touch it the hurt tingles inside of your breast. I tried hand expressing and massaging and warm compress until it didn't hurt anymore.

19. Honeylette

Honeylette Active Member

Thank you for your replies, I told her about what you guys said and she felt a lot better. She is scheduled to meet her OB next week so she would have more information on what to do and expect :)

20. MommyofTwo

MommyofTwo Active Member

Wow, that's nice! I think she only wants the best for her child. Who doesn't anyway, right? I wish that the OB will be of help with her decision whether to remove or not.