1. Join The Global Pregnancy Community Today!

Click here!

Welcome to Maternity Forum! Join The Global Pregnancy Community Today! Click here!

Breast Implants Problem

Discussion in '1st Trimester' started by Honeylette, Nov 28, 2016.

1. It depends on how big they are? I mean, have you seen those on TV, and what happens to them? When you are pregnant you get to have your hormone levels up and part of this involves getting your boobies a little bigger. When that happens, if you have big implants it might no longer be good for your spine. That's where things can get a little complicated.

2. Spine? How does it affect the spine? It's getting scarier as we dig deeper into this topic. I hope we get update once she visits her OB regarding the implants.

3. It affects your spine because you are no longer balanced. Your body has two parts that support it, your spine and your knees. Your whole body depends on your knees, so if you are overweight your knees suffer a lot. When you have big boobs your spine tries its best to support it and still manage equilibrium so if you add more weight through getting implants, that's gonna cause you osteoporosis and other spine problems.

4. Oh, so that's how it works and affects the spine. Thank you @rogerscarla171 for enlightening me and explaining it very concise and easy to understand. I really hope we can get an update from her. Any news from her @Honeylette?

5. LizB

LizB Member

I hope your friend got the best advice. I just wanted to share that I have a friend who had breast implants and breastfed successfully for 3 years. But she did mention she keeps getting clogged ducts. Not sure if that was caused by the implants or not. But it goes away, eventually. But she did say what she thinks of her younger self getting those implants. Something like, "I did it for the confidence boost. If I only knew my daughter will be the ultimate confidence booster, I wouldn't have bothered.."

6. Peachkins

Peachkins Member

Oh, I feel this issue because I had a close friend who had problems with breastfeeding after implants. It turns out, it depends on where the implants where placed and how the incision was made. There is a particular incision that will not damage the nerves in the area where milk is produced and distributed in our glands. ANd the implants were placed between breast tissue and chest muscle, when it would have been better if it was placed under the chest muscle. I guess back then she was not thinking of the effects (she actually do not like kids and did not think she will have one). But because of the hindrance, she produced very little milk. And a lot of nerves around her areola was damaged because of the incision so very little comes out as well. :(

7. iamevallain

iamevallain Member

Yikes! Good thing I didn't bother with implants. I still think that most people require it for different purposes. Others for confidence boosting, most for either work or lifestyle. It is pleasing to certain men, so I suppose. The turn of events are really difficult to tell when you age.

8. I think models and actresses are the people who would usually go that route. Scary if your husband would want you to go through it. I remembered the in pretty video of TLC. Oh my! I'm old!