1. Join The Global Pregnancy Community Today!

Click here!

Welcome to Maternity Forum! Join The Global Pregnancy Community Today! Click here!

Breast size changed during pregnancy

Discussion in 'General Postnatal Chat' started by Leiah, Nov 15, 2016.

1. Leiah

Leiah Active Member

During my last pregnancy I noticed my breasts got bigger by a lot, but after giving birth one stayed big and the other got a little smaller and it's noticeable. is this normal? how do I get them to be equal in size again?

2. Princess

Princess Active Member

I'm not sure about this but a friend of mine was using noogleberry, some sort of breast pump that helps the breasts become fuller. :)

3. Christie

Christie Active Member

Maybe if you have a succeeding pregnancy they will even out? My breasts aren't equal in size too but you will not notice it unless you stare at them for a few minutes. Is the size difference really big?

4. Honeylette

Honeylette Active Member

I think they use this for breast enhancement. I haven't tried it but many women have seen great results with it, then it became viral because of it's good results :)

5. MommyofTwo

MommyofTwo Active Member

I think breasts are not really equal in size, you just notice them uneven when you started your pregnancy and while breastfeeding. You are breastfeeding, right? My breasts are not equal in size too and somehow noticeable if you really stare at them. Left side is bigger than the right side.

6. Alex Santiago

Alex Santiago Member

I have a friend who noticed that after she gave birth, her breasts got smaller. I don't know why. I have experienced changes in my breast size after giving birth, but they're not really noticeable. I think everyone is like that. One side is bigger than the other, just like how our eyes.

7. My right breast is bigger than the other even before I got pregnant with my kids. I am not sure if this has something to do with Scoliosis or they are really just normal.

8. Honeylette

Honeylette Active Member

Mine too, they are not totally symmetric but it is not that noticeable. Just to be sure, don't forget to do your regular mammograms to be sure there is no growth there.

9. Solange Diaz

Solange Diaz Active Member

Breasts are actually rarely the same exact size and a lot of women have a bigger one than the other. I read somewhere that if one side is bigger, let baby latch on to the other (if breastfeeding). That'll stimulate the nodes on that side to make more milk and grow bigger. I have a friend who kept feeding her baby on the right, and it grew noticeably bigger than the left. Her OB said to feed as often on the left to try to make sizes as close to equal. lesson: don't favor a boob. :)

10. Christie

Christie Active Member

Haha! I'll keep this in mind when I go breastfeed after giving birth. :)

Solange Diaz likes this.
  11. Dilly's Mom

Dilly's Mom Active Member

I read this too on fb, i think. It makes sense to me. I guess that's why they have those bra pins to remind you which breast you fed baby with previously. :)

12. iamevallain

iamevallain Member

This thread just got me checking on my ladies! And yeah, confirmed they are not exactly the same size or the direction they go as well, :D but I do think the difference is not exactly that noticeable. I will keep in mind the difference breastfeeding could make.

13. I agree with the suggestion if you are nursing, make sure that the baby nurses on both sides. But if you are not nursing and they are uneven, I think you should tell daddy to even out the exercise. That causes the unevenness too you know! ;)

14. JennyCannes

JennyCannes Active Member

Don't the breasts get smaller once you stop breastfeeding?

15. Summer

Summer Member

I wonder about this too. I have a fair big breasts and I am breastfeeding my baby and didn't notice any difference when I was pregnant and now, two months after giving birth. I wonder how it would look like if the other one is noticeably smaller than the other one.

16. Alex Santiago

Alex Santiago Member

Yeah I think they do. Some of my friends say after stopping breastfeeding their breasts got smaller, Just enough for them to buy smaller sized bras than what they've always had.

17. Christie

Christie Active Member

Hi, thanks for your responses guys :D

I've followed your advice and breastfed more on the smaller one. My breasts are now almost the same size but there's still a little difference. It's not that noticeable anymore.

I hope they don't go back to being uneven once I stop breastfeeding though.

18. iamevallain

iamevallain Member

They return to closest to their normal size, but if you are feeding on one side they say, that breast would be exercised a little more, hence would be a little bigger than the other one. Better be safe than sorry there, right?

19. Summer

Summer Member

Oh. That is why they say to feed on each side every 15 minutes. Now I know the reason behind that. :)

20. I was not able to breastfeed, but my mom would comment about this on my breastfeeding friends. Turn your kid to the other side, try pumping the other breast, don't make it feel left out she says. She was right of course. :D