1. Join The Global Pregnancy Community Today!

Click here!

Welcome to Maternity Forum! Join The Global Pregnancy Community Today! Click here!

Breastfed baby is teething!

Discussion in 'General Breastfeeding' started by Princess, Jan 6, 2017.

1. Princess

Princess Active Member

My friend's 6-month old baby's first teeth are already showing, and she constantly complains that it really, really hurts. I can imagine her pain, but I don't have much advice to give. Any moms there who went down that road?

2. Christie

Christie Active Member

Sounds painful just thinking about it! :(
    Maybe try pumping and transferring the breastmilk to a bottle.

3. Gosh! I have experienced that including the biting of nipple and pulling it! Goodness, it hurts like hell! I always bite my lip in pain when my baby was at that stage. I endured the pain, asking my son not to bite it. It lasted for months and then he gave up. Hahaha.

4. Summer

Summer Member

Oh no! I should be ready for this. My baby is almost 4 months but still no signs of teething. Now I am scared, I am laughing at myself. Haha.

5. Dilly's Mom

Dilly's Mom Active Member

I did. And it was torturous! I was crying the first few times he did it. I even went as far as using a nipple shield, but it kept getting stuck on his face so i gave up on it too. I then learned to pull him away every time he bites, and I will make a stern sounding request. He will fidget and cry, but I made sure I don't re-attach him unless he has calmed down. After a week or two, he learned that if he bites, he won't get the booby, so he eventually stopped. :D

6. I didnt experience this, but my mom told me that I was a biter! lol. she said that after feeding me, she'd use petroleum jelly to ease and sooth the pain from breastfeeding me. another alternative would be using a breast pump, extract the breast milk, and put it in a bottle. hope this helps! :)

7. JennyCannes

JennyCannes Active Member

Hmm. Maybe I should try this next time this happens. It didn't happen with my first baby, but oh I do not want to experience it!

8. MrHandy

MrHandy Member

My wife experienced this a lot, and she would have tears falling while breastfeeding. When she couldn't take it anymore, she just pumped breastmilk continuously.
    I tried not to intervene, because she is a very irritable woman during those times lol :p