1. Join The Global Pregnancy Community Today!

Click here!

Welcome to Maternity Forum! Join The Global Pregnancy Community Today! Click here!

Bumped my belly

Discussion in '2nd Trimester' started by Princess, Nov 27, 2016.

1. Princess

Princess Active Member

I was walking down the hallway of my cousin's school earlier this morning to request some documents when the door suddenly opened and hit me hard in the belly. The person kept saying sorry but I felt fine and let it pass.

Nothing happened really, no blood or pain, and I guess I was just shocked by the accident. But now I am being paranoid. Do you think I should get checked up by the doc?

2. Dilly's Mom

Dilly's Mom Active Member

This happened to me too!! But mine was I lost my balance and banhed my belly on the balluster. And I was paranoid about it as well, so I totally understand. I texted my OB then, and she assured me that baby is super cushioned inside, and it would take a velocity of a moving car to cause any real damage. She did say to monitor if I feel any unusual pains (different from round ligament pains), or blood in my underwear. I was in my 3rd trimester, but during the 8th month, which they said was more dangerous than giving birth on the 7th month. So I was plenty anxious. :) If it helps to calm you down, maybe you should give your OB a call.

3. Solange Diaz

Solange Diaz Active Member

It's understandable to be worried. We have all heard horror stories about simple bumps turning into medical emergencies. But I think those really are the exception than the norm. It pays to be concerned, but not stress too much as that may actually cause more problems eventually.

4. Alex Santiago

Alex Santiago Member

If you didn't feel any pain, then you should be fine. But if it bothers you that much, better consult your OB. Besides it's better to be safe than sorry. But don't stress too much about it. The sooner you can visit your OB the better, just to get it out your mind.

5. I would be paranoid too if that happened to me. So I guess you should call or text your OB for peace of mind and tell her what actually happened and you didn't feel any pain with what happened. And make sure to be careful next time. :)

6. MommyofTwo

MommyofTwo Active Member

Are you sure you felt no pain until now? Because sometimes the pain will start to feel after a couple of hours, or did you check your belly if there are dark spots because of the bump? I will feel scared if that happens to me. For me to make sure everything's fine inside, I will surely consult my OB about it.

7. Leiah

Leiah Active Member

I experienced being hit on the belly by a door too, very hard even. I called my OB but she said that there is a lot of protection for the baby and as long as there is no blood, increased vaginal secretions or pain, you are fine. Of course, be sure to tell your OB as she needs to know too :)

8. Alex Santiago

Alex Santiago Member

The baby is enclosed within a sac, so they're safe inside the womb. But if the hit is really hard, then that's another story. Consulting your OB about any concern is important. I do that, sometimes my husband says I'm being paranoid, but my baby's health is a priority

9. Princess

Princess Active Member

Hi everyone, thanks so much for your replies. My OB said my baby is fine, and that I shouldn't worry too much because it may cause problems when there is none, just like you guys said :D I just have to be more careful next time :D

10. JennyCannes

JennyCannes Active Member

That's great @Princess! :) It's good you consulted your doctor, but please be more careful next time :D

11. Christie

Christie Active Member

That's good to know :) We always are worried about any small accidents but we can't help it after all, we have to be sure all the time.
    Better safe than sorry! :p

12. HappyMum

HappyMum Active Member

When I was pregnant for the first time all I kept doing was avoiding doorways, making sure that when the door opens I am out of the way. I am even extra careful with the steps and stairs, and I look like a paranoid person clinging onto everything lol.

13. LizB

LizB Member

Me too! I actually walk with my hands in front of my stomach, acting as a shield. And not just in crowded areas. Even if it's a wide hallway, and I think you are walking way too close to me, my instinct was to shield my tummy. A bit overacting, I know, but it was instinct. But still got some minor bumps here are there, and one time a major one with a car door. But everything still turned out ok. :)

14. Princess

Princess Active Member

Haha maybe I should start doing this. I think I've been way too carefree that I am prone to accidents. I should really be more careful.

15. Yikes! I could imagine the pain. I am very careful with my belly, that I didn't even want my husband to suddenly hug me when I was pregnant because it might hurt a lot. You need to be more careful, but for your mind to be at ease a simple check up and the next ultrasound could do you good.