1. Join The Global Pregnancy Community Today!

Click here!

Welcome to Maternity Forum! Join The Global Pregnancy Community Today! Click here!

C-section. . .

Discussion in 'Off Topic Chat' started by RoNa, Mar 9, 2017.

1. RoNa

RoNa Administrator

I delivered my baby via c-section last 2015. I was wondering in case I get pregnant will I still give birth via c-section?

2. Love

Love Guest

That answer depends on a number of issues, but many women are able to give birth vaginally after having a previous c-section. I have read in some article that the main risk of having a VBAC or Vaginal Birth After C-section is uterine rupture, in which the c-section incision re-opens during delivery. That's why today doctors are screening women more carefully before recommending VBACs. So while fewer are being performed, they are much safer and more successful. According to research, the success rate is between 60 and 80 percent. About two-thirds of women who've had c-sections are good candidates for VBAC, but only your doctor can determine for sure if you're one of them.

3. RoNa

RoNa Administrator

The reason why I delivered my baby via C-section is that I suffered pre-eclampsia. When I was admitted to the hospital my bp was 180/110. The doctor gave me 2 options, to check the status of the baby and continue with my meds or proceed with the emergency operation. Of course, I chose to save my baby and decided to proceed with the c-section immediately. I was a little nervous at first but everything was worth it. Thanks to my OB too.

4. Love

Love Guest

As a rule, if pre-eclampsia is severe then delivery sooner rather than later is best. If pre-eclampsia is not too severe then a vaginal delivery is often possible. The best thing is to always consult with our doctor as they can assist what might happen! Being obese is a risk factor for pre-eclampsia. An article states, that if a mother had pre-eclampsia in a previous pregnancy and planning for another pregnancy but are overweight or obese, they should try to lose weight before becomes pregnant again. This may help to reduce a chance of developing pre-eclampsia in the next pregnancy.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 13, 2017
  5. RoNa

RoNa Administrator

But I'm not obese or didn't gain too much weight. Thank you for that information, I'll keep that in mind. :)