1. Join The Global Pregnancy Community Today!

Click here!

Welcome to Maternity Forum! Join The Global Pregnancy Community Today! Click here!

Changing Bag Essentials You Can't Live Without

Discussion in 'General Postnatal Chat' started by JennyCannes, Nov 22, 2016.

1. JennyCannes

JennyCannes Active Member

I'm just wondering what I'm lacking in my changing bag. Haha. Would you please share yours so I can add some to mine when I see fit? :p

Here are mine:

Burp cloths
    Diapers
    Diaper sacks
    Baby Wipes
    Breastfeeding cover
    Set of baby clothes

2. MommyofTwo

MommyofTwo Active Member

Pretty much the same with you.

Mine's:
    - cloth diapers
    - cloth wipes
    - baby wet wipes
    - small towel
    - alcohol
    - a small toy

3. Leiah

Leiah Active Member

I put calamine lotion and deodorizing spray in my bag as well, in addition to your stuff :)

4. Solange Diaz

Solange Diaz Active Member

The same stuff, but with diaper cream, changing mat and a spray-on cleanser. You can clean up poo without the water and wipe it up. Mustela (a French brand) products are awesome and makes this. I also pack a toy, teether, biscuits, and anti mosquito stick ons. :)

5. Dilly's Mom

Dilly's Mom Active Member

I always carry baby-safe sanitizer and antibacterial wipes with us. I'm one of those moms who sprays down kiddie chairs in restaurants and the baby seat of shopping carts. :) And then a book for when baby gets bored.

6. iamevallain

iamevallain Member

I think you should also need to make sure you have at least a sanitizer or alcohol with you to make sure that your kid is safe especially if you are using pubic diaper changing areas. My co-worker has a sort of blanket in her bag, which is I think somewhat made of plastic so she uses them to cover the diaper changing table because she knows they are not exactly very clean as well.

7. HappyMum

HappyMum Active Member

I remember how anti-germs I was with my babies. Always carrying an alcohol I put in a spray bottle (there were no sanitizers or sprays during my time), and other moms would look at me like I'm some crazy fool. :D

8. MommyofTwo

MommyofTwo Active Member

I agree with your own changing blanket or any safe and clean cloth you can put on the diaper station especially if you are going to use a public one. But I don't wipe the table with alcohol or wipes anymore, I just make sure that it doesn't touches my baby's skin to be safe.

9. JennyCannes

Thanks for the suggestions everyone! I'll be sure to include your suggestions next time I go out to shop :)

10. Make sure you have petroleum jelly or any ointment you use for diaper rash. There are those times especially when your baby poops a lot or it took some time for you to change the diaper being you're on the road.

11. MommyofTwo

MommyofTwo Active Member

I agree with ointment. We use Drapolene for rashes and burns, very effective on my baby's itchiness because of rash.

12. iamevallain

iamevallain Member

Do you also try to bring teething gels with you? My sister brings teething gels, specifically xylogel when her kids are teething, I mean not exactly a staple but could be something useful depends on the need.

13. HappyMum

HappyMum Active Member

Great tip! My niece's daughter always cries so bad when they are out and she experiences teething pains.

14. JennyCannes

I couldn't find this in our drugstore. Do you know any good alternatives?

15. Amber Lee

Amber Lee Member

When we leave the house, we always bring the following: wet wipes, lots of small towels, alcohol, diaper creams, diapers, toys, and changing mat. I have not experienced changing diapers in the mall now with my youngest but with my eldest, I did about 3-5 times because when we leave the house is the exact time he poops. Very timing. Haha.

16. Honeylette

Honeylette Active Member

Haha I can imagine. Like you just want to tell the kids, you had a lot of time and I asked if you need to go before we went out, and the kids will go when you're out of the house. Lol. Kids.

17. You could always go for the ever trusted petroleum jelly. It's good for burns and rashes. :D

18. MommyofTwo

MommyofTwo Active Member

Hmmm... how about Calmoseptine? That is the alternative I use aside from Drapolene. I haven't tried the organic nappy cream but they say it's effective and I am not sure if it's available in your area too.

19. Leiah

Leiah Active Member

I like calmoseptine. They have these tiny sachets you can bring on the go, and a little really goes a long eay. It's cheap too, but it works.

20. MommyofTwo

MommyofTwo Active Member

Yup, I also use the one in a sachet, you can actually use it for over two weeks because you just need a small dot size of ointment and put on baby's bum. :)