1. Join The Global Pregnancy Community Today!

Click here!

Welcome to Maternity Forum! Join The Global Pregnancy Community Today! Click here!

Cooking

Discussion in 'Empty Nest' started by MommyofTwo, Nov 12, 2016.

1. MommyofTwo

MommyofTwo Active Member

My husband loves to cook and is really good at cooking, while me, I know how to cook but that as pro like him. I want to cook something for him next week and I was wondering if you can share some of your recipes here. I always cook Chicken Ala King but I think I need a new recipe, something simple with simple and easy to find recipe and not that expensive. Your recipes are very much welcome mommies. :)

2. JennyCannes

JennyCannes Active Member

I don't know if you're a fan of tofu, but I love tofu and since eating healthier is a challenge nowadays, I love how it can be a substitute for meat. I found this awesome recipe for tofu shared many times on pinterest, and I tried it. It was great, even if I didn't have a sizzler plate it still turned out delicious.

The recipe is here: Sizzling Tofu Sisig

3. MommyofTwo

MommyofTwo Active Member

Oh my gosh! We love that dish! My husband cook that deliciously! I actually tried it first and he has to improve the taste. Now I am hungry just thinking of that. Yes, tofu is healthy and it's one of our favorite food to cook! :) Thanks for the recipe. I will try this one too.

4. What is your husband's favorite dish? Maybe you can practice cooking it in a way he likes it done. I'm sure he will appreciate it. But you have to be careful in not spoiling the surprise. :)

5. MommyofTwo

MommyofTwo Active Member

Oh, he loves beef with bitter gourd. I actually tried cooking it before but was not successful. I didn't know it takes too long to tender the beef. Jeez. I ended up with dry beef with bitter gourd, the bitter gourd was awful you can taste the bitterness. My husband looks so annoyingly appreciating my dish because I cooked it when I was still pregnant, maybe just so I won't be offended. Hahaha

6. Well then this is the perfect time to perfect the dish! :p This is your time to shine and prove you can cook. I think you need to be careful with the procedure on how to properly cook the beef without drying them. Good luck!

7. Solange Diaz

Solange Diaz Active Member

8. Solange Diaz

Solange Diaz Active Member

9. HappyMum

HappyMum Active Member

We buy bitter gourd from the Asian grocery store near our place. What I do is I steam and cook it separately, then when the dish is cooked, I add the drained cooked bittergourd into the dish and mix. The bitterness is still there, but it is lessened and doesn't make everything bitter :D

10. Leiah

Leiah Active Member

11. Yay! The pasta looks so tempting and yummy! Looks healthy too! I wish I can cook like that! Now, I'm hungry!

12. Princess

Princess Active Member

I never really liked bitter gourd. My sister's husband is Filipino, and he cooks a vegetable stew with bitter gourd in it, which tastes good. But other dishes with that vegetable and I won't touch it haha.

13. Princess

Princess Active Member

I try not to browse food items in Pinterest because everything looks so delicious and it makes me go hungry. I then resort to overeating because of that haha! :D

Dilly's Mom likes this.
  14. I honestly haven't tried those kinds of pasta with herbs because my husband is not a fan of pasta. But gosh, by the looks of it, I want to bring him to the nearest pasta house today! I am drooling!

15. iamevallain

iamevallain Member

I like cooking, but it doesn't like me a lot. Haha. Although I have already cooked my fair share of decent pasta, what my friends would normally request is my spicy Korean Bbq. This is very easy, you just simmer the beef with white onion, oyster sauce, ketchup, chili, season according to taste and you're done as long as the meat is tender. Don't forget that you have to cook.It slowly!

16. Christie

Christie Active Member

Oh! Now I'm craving for spicy Korean barbecue! Top the sticky meat with roasted sesame seeds with a side of steaming hot rice and veggies please :D

17. MommyofTwo

MommyofTwo Active Member

Wow, thank you all for your suggestions, keep them coming. I just realized it's our 5th wedding anniversary this Saturday! Whoa! I am pressured on what to cook, or just order or dine at our favorite restaurant. Keep your recipes coming moms.

18. Baby back ribs are the best! There are tons of great recipes online to choose from plus the ready made rubs you could use. You just have to choose the one that would suit you best.

19. Dilly's Mom

Dilly's Mom Active Member

I know what you mean! Another thing is,it always looks so yummy in the pic but sometimes the way I cook it turns out to be an epic fail.

20. Dilly's Mom

Dilly's Mom Active Member

My husband loves steak and when we want to splurge but stay at home, I just buy a couple of thick, meaty lamb chops, marinate it in rosemary, salt and pepper and grill or panfry it. Then add some vino roso and that's it! :)