1. Join The Global Pregnancy Community Today!

Click here!

Welcome to Maternity Forum! Join The Global Pregnancy Community Today! Click here!

Cord Banking

Discussion in '3rd Trimester' started by Christie, Jan 6, 2017.

1. Christie

Christie Active Member

Has anyone tried this? I would like to know any of your experiences if you have tried this.

I am seriously considering this and our nurse said that the setup is best done during the third trimester to prepare since there are lots of forms to be finished.
  2. iamevallain

iamevallain Member

3. Dilly's Mom

Dilly's Mom Active Member

I have friends who did cord banking, and we briefly considered doing it too, but there was one major deterrent! THe price! it was so expensive to keep the cord blood for just one year, and not to speak of the years thereafter. It would have been really nice. From what was explained to us, this option means the cord banking facility will give yourOB a kit which she will use to collect cord blood after delivery. Then it will be sent to their storage facility and they will keep it until you decide to stop paying for storage fee. Very useful if you have illnesses that run in your family, especially cancer.
  4. JennyCannes

JennyCannes Active Member

I agree with @Dilly's Mom, I would definitely want to have done it before, but the problem was that the price tag is a bit too high for our budget..
  5. MrHandy

MrHandy Member

Hmm. This is something me and my wife should consider once we are trying to conceive again. Thanks for the information!