1. Join The Global Pregnancy Community Today!

Click here!

Welcome to Maternity Forum! Join The Global Pregnancy Community Today! Click here!

CS vs Normal

Discussion in 'Labor and Birth' started by Solange Diaz, Nov 3, 2016.

1. Solange Diaz

Solange Diaz Active Member

I can't help but wonder how Normal Delivery would be like. I was scheduled a CS because my baby was already too big to be delivered normally. Next time around, I want to deliver normally, if possible. ANy advice?

2. Hello Solange!

I think it depends on your physical condition and how your pregnancy or giving birth progress when you are on labor. With my first baby, I thought I would deliver normally but since my cervix didn't progress/dilate as normal, my OBGYN advised for me to have C-Section because he doesn't want to stress the baby since my waterbag broker already and I was at 1cm only for 6 hours.

You can ask your OBGYN if it would still be possible for you to deliver normally if you plan to have another baby after. We have what we call VBAC or Vaginal Birth after Ceasarian, but this would need a lot of monitoring and you have to really be careful. I tried and pushed for VBAC on my second pregnancy only to find out that my baby was cordcoil and my OBGYN said VBAC will not be possible anymore, plus my cervix was not progressing, same case with my first born.

Every pregnancy is diffferent so the best advice I can give is you have to make sure you are ready when you get pregnant again and the possibilities and risks. Read and be informed and you will get more facts that can help you with your next pregnancy. :)

3. MommyofTwo

MommyofTwo Active Member

I also wonder how it feels like to give birth normally. I tried my best to give birth normally but my baby wants out from my tummy. It was really painful to have CS delivery, longer healing process and you have to wait at least 2 years before you get pregnant again, for health purposes. On my next pregnancy, I would really want normal delivery but pocketfullofsunshine is correct, every pregnancy is different, so we have to really take care of ourselves because giving birth is not easy, it is not something we should take for granted. It is a life inside our womb, so we really have to take extra care and whether normal or CS delivery, as long as the baby is healthy, we should be happy.

4. Dilly's Mom

Dilly's Mom Active Member

I agree with MommyofTwo. I had a CS too and felt as if I cheated my way through labour. But the day after I gave birth, my body was so wrecked and I was in so much pain that I knew, I so did NOT get the easy way out. The truth is, there is no easy way out and whether we gave birth CS or Normal isn't an issue at all. The badges of honor we have will always show up in our body, and the healthy babies we have are the biggest prize of em all. :) So I hope you won't worry so much for next time.

5. Princess

Princess Active Member

Well, it's the journey and not the end that matters. We ladies have it really tough when it comes to being an expectant mom and even after that

I've had normal delivery with my first child, and well, it was painful and tiring, but I guess recovery is a lot easier that CS, since my neighbor who gave birth a week after I did was always worried that her stitches would come loose.

6. Honeylette

Honeylette Active Member

I believe the 9 months of carrying the child inside you, including the cravings, hormone changes, mood swings, swelling of the feet, etc. are enough to prove that there's really no easy way out when it comes to childbirth :)

7. Leiah

Leiah Active Member

Normal delivery for me was fast and quick. I actually coughed because I was having coughs and colds that time, and with the cough my baby went out :p

8. I experienced both. My eldest and second was delivered normally and it took me 6 hours to pop them out (only a couple of minutes difference between each time). As for my youngest, I had the CS, and my I don't think if I was able to do the normal route will I ever go through the C-section.

For normal delivery, the delivery is difficult because you have to push and really have the physical strength to do so but the recovery is faster, I am able to stand up and clean myself up on the second day (just wash)

When I had the C-section, I couldn't even stand up on my own let alone carry my baby. Plus, I had the sniffles and it is very much painful every time I sneeze or cough. :(

9. MommyofTwo

MommyofTwo Active Member

Yes, it was painful when you cough and sneeze. I remember the first CS I had with my first baby, I thought my tummy will burst when I had to walk and pee in the restroom. I can't stand up straight. I remember getting a cough that time too so it was really painful and I was preventing myself from coughing because it hurts so much.

With my second, since my body experienced the same pain, it was bearable the 2nd time. I was able to walk to the nursing station the next day.

10. iamevallain

iamevallain Member

That is just amazing! You guys seemed to have a high tolerance for pain but how about for those who don't?

11. Leiah

Leiah Active Member

That's where the doctors come in. They should know when to give you the right and safe pain medications. It's hard enough to go through labor, then you have to worry about the pain that lasts for quite some time after it.

12. MommyofTwo

MommyofTwo Active Member

Yeah, pain relievers are so helpful. I remember bringing home antibiotics and pain relievers when I got discharged and had to take them for a week until the pain subside.

13. iamevallain

iamevallain Member

Do you already have the option to elect your choice of anesthetics even before actual delivery? I mean, what if I do not want to endure the pain of labor, is there an option for that one? I am dead scared of injections and I feel my pain tolerance is really low, so this part scares me a lot.

14. MommyofTwo

MommyofTwo Active Member

Yes, there is a painless delivery, costs more though. You just need to inform your doctor beforehand so they can assign an anesthesiologist for you when you give birth. However, do not expect that you'll experience 100% painless, as it depends on your pain tolerance, plus if you give birth fast or your labor is fast.

15. yes, you just have to talk to your doctor about your options. Who wants pain anyway? haha. However, if you are on the situation, you wouldn't want anything else but to get the baby out so the pain would go away and so you can rest.

16. I didn't know I have a high tolerance for pain until I got to my first delivery in a free hospital. I just want to get it over and done with that when my doctor is saying push, I pushed real hard and she admitted that she really wasn't able to put on the anesthetics she put it after the baby got out when I need to be sewn already. I always thought I only want 1 kid after that situation but I now have 3 and the last was through CS, so I could say I have done it all. That's why mothers are special, because they endure all these pains even before the baby could see the real world.