1. Join The Global Pregnancy Community Today!

Click here!

Welcome to Maternity Forum! Join The Global Pregnancy Community Today! Click here!

DIY Baby Photoshoot Ideas

Discussion in 'General Postnatal Chat' started by Honeylette, Dec 7, 2016.

1. Honeylette

Honeylette Active Member

I am soooo bored and out of my wits today, that I spent the whole day watching YouTube. It didn't come to waste as I got so many ideas for baby photoshoot through behind the scene videos and tutorial videos.

There are posing guides, camera settings, DIY backdrops, props, and inspiration for cake smash, birthdays, monthly update photos, and holiday inspirations.

Check out my media album here: http://maternityforum.com/index.php?media/albums/diy-baby-photoshoot-ideas.30/

JennyCannes and Princess like this.
  2. Peachkins

Peachkins Member

Thanks, Honeylette! I saw that a lot of us are really into photographing our kids. A number of us have posted diy baby photo ideas. :D Im glad I am in good company. These are great!

3. Solange Diaz

Solange Diaz Active Member

These look great! I love watching youtube videos like this. So many great ideas out there. WHo needs professional photographers? All you need is an Iphone and some Iphonography magic. :D

4. Dilly's Mom

Dilly's Mom Active Member

That is the magic of youtube! It's like a pocket classroom. :D I like the ideas in your videos Honeylette. I think I will try them this weekend. :D

5. Honeylette

Honeylette Active Member

I like being able to add my own flair to my children's photos. Sometimes hiring a professional can make your photos look good but they lack personality and a story behind it. :p

6. Christie

Christie Active Member

I like making scrapbooks using of my child's photos too. I think it's a cute way to save memories the child has collected throughout the years :)

Princess likes this.
  7. Princess

Princess Active Member

@Christie I like doing that too! I collect things from wrappers to leaves to random stuff. My scrapbooks are like memory lanes :)

8. Leiah

Leiah Active Member

It's true. They have templates and guides, and they do the same routine for everyone that it sometimes doesn't feel personalized :(

9. LizB

LizB Member

I like using my Iphone when taking photos. My friend introduced me to an app where you could just use phone photos and add flair and stuff to it. I plan to use it when baby arrives. :D

10. iamevallain

iamevallain Member

There are tons of ideas in the internet about diy photoshoots that it gets difficult to do one. Maybe it is better for you to focus on one theme, and then try it, choose the most practical one, easiest to do and with very minimal props needed. I am pretty sure you would be able to do it instead of focusing on big themed ones.

11. HappyMum

HappyMum Active Member

Yes, maybe a simple classic backdrop, some props and vibrant cloths you already have in your home, and a lot of creativity and you're all set :)

12. I am very lazy with these, I am not sure if it's because I have 3 boys or I am just not up to dressing them up and whatnots. If I want to have our pictures taken, I just usually go to the nearest studio and have them professionally done. I know it could be quite costly, but it's something I don't want to really fuss on and just enjoy.

13. Honeylette

Honeylette Active Member

Haha, I feel for you. 3 boys! They are active, curious, fussy and everything in between lol. I would hire a professional too if I was in your place :p

14. Leiah

Leiah Active Member

Haha. I'm into hiring a pro, or even a friend who would like to volunteer. I just don't want to be working on the photoshoot by myself :p

15. Christie

Christie Active Member

It's out of our budget to hire a pro for a photoshoot, so I would do it myself to save the money. But if I can afford it, why not ;)

16. JennyCannes

JennyCannes Active Member

Wow, thanks for sharing these :D