1. Join The Global Pregnancy Community Today!

Click here!

Welcome to Maternity Forum! Join The Global Pregnancy Community Today! Click here!

DIY Kids Bedroom : Fantasy

Discussion in 'Dad Talk' started by MrHandy, Jan 8, 2017.

1. MrHandy

MrHandy Member

Since I have so much time in my hands running the business from home, I am planning to make a DIY fantasy kids bedroom for my two younger daughters. The teen has her own thing so that's different. I saw this one and got inspired: :D

2. Honeylette

Honeylette Active Member

WOW! I would have loved to have this when I was a child! That's like so great and so dreamy for a room! Look at that reading corner :D Your daughters would love that! :D

3. iamevallain

iamevallain Member

When I was a kid my dad built us a treehouse for me and my siblings to use. Although it was simple from the outside, it had everything in the inside! from books, to toys to even cushions where we could just lay back and relax, sleeping off our sunday afternoons. it was the best. :)

4. as we have 3 boys, we arranged their room to look like a basketball court - complete with a halfcourt floor, and a junior sized basketball ring! needless to say, my nights of quiet were reduced. lol

5. MommyofTwo

MommyofTwo Active Member

My daughter would love to have a room like that! She is so hooked with fantasy shows right now and was begging me that the theme for her 7th birthday would be like it. Haha.

6. Rrrobert

Rrrobert Member

since our baby is well along the way and we know it was a boy, we had the nursery painted! but, we chose to have it colored teal/turquoise - something neutral of gender assignment. we'd like to think we're progressive thinkers. haha.

7. my son obsessed with the Toy Story films when I let him watch it before. so as a surprise for his 5th birthday, we had his room remade to look like Andy's room! it was kinda pricey, (and hard to keep secret!) but it was all worth it. :)

8. Leiah

Leiah Active Member

Haha, I could imagine! I don't think I would want the sound of bouncing balls to drive me crazy when I try to rest :p

9. Princess

Princess Active Member

Oh we had a tree house too! It's small, but we loved rubbing our knees and climbing up the rope ladder. It's our own little place :D

10. Solange Diaz

Solange Diaz Active Member

This is lovely! I would love to use something like this when my child is older. But I guess, I would still depend largely on his interests.

11. iamevallain

iamevallain Member

I think its missing with the kids these days - they'd rather play with their consoles and computers than go outside! lol

12. just an update, since the boys are growing up, they now want an ariplane/pirate mixed theme in their room. anyone got any ideas? haha

13. Christie

Christie Active Member

I definitely agree! Back then, the garden and backyard and streets are our own source of adventures, not video games.

14. Christie

Christie Active Member

Hmm.. There's a kiddie movie about space pirates that I can't remember the title, but it's really cool :D

15. iamevallain

iamevallain Member

I remember having fun with just playing rocks and skipping them on the pond near our house. :)

16. I think we're going for a space jam theme! the kids wanted the basket ball bit still in the room. lol