1. Join The Global Pregnancy Community Today!

Click here!

Welcome to Maternity Forum! Join The Global Pregnancy Community Today! Click here!

Do you know when you're ovulating?

Discussion in 'Fertility issues' started by Dilly's Mom, Nov 20, 2016.

1. Dilly's Mom

Dilly's Mom Active Member

Are there any tools or techniques you use to know when you are ovulating? Before pregnancy, I was told to check by doing a pinch test using secretions. But after pregnancy, everything got so crazy the secretions are different now. So I'm not sure anymore how to test for fertility.

2. Solange Diaz

Solange Diaz Active Member

There are ovulation stick you could get from the pharmacy. But if you don't want the additional expense, maybe you could revert back to counting days after your period?

Dilly's Mom likes this.
  3. This is difficult for me to tell, if I rely on the pinch test but it doesn't really sound accurate. In other words, it's very difficult to plan my pregnancies.

Dilly's Mom likes this.
  4. Yeah, it is very hard to tell unless you do something wih tools. I remember and I am not sure if it's accurate, I saw one episode in Sex and the City where Charlotte was wearing like a bracelet ovulation thing and when it beeps, then that's the time she is ovulating.

Dilly's Mom likes this.
  5. HappyMum

HappyMum Active Member

I know when I'm ovulating when my temperature gets really hot, like I feel really hot but I don't have a fever. And my friends and coworkers would tell me that my skin is warm.

Dilly's Mom likes this.
  6. Dilly's Mom

Dilly's Mom Active Member

Oh wow, so techie! I should google that but it sounds pricey. I mean Charlotte married millionaires right? She can afford it. :D

7. Hahaha. Yeah, it was the one who had a mother jealous of her. They didn't last anyway. Yeah I think it's pricey. Haha.

8. Solange Diaz

Solange Diaz Active Member

I feel the same eay too. And like my tummy is sore or achy, either my left or right side.

9. iamevallain

iamevallain Member

Couldn't this be confusing or would it give you a different result? I mean, I know you already have an internal process going on but I still think it's inaccurate. I have never seen an ovulation bracelet and I am sure most people would just be concerned about this if they are in a hurry to conceive?

10. Leiah

Leiah Active Member

Haha, I'm very curious about this one! Time to go and do a google search :p

11. Try searching it. I am pretty sure that there are tools or gadgets that helps with ovulation. I am not that sure though if they give accurate results. It was like a watch that beeps when you are ovulating. Weird huh?

12. Alex Santiago

Alex Santiago Member

I've read about ovulation predictor kits which can be purchased from any drug store. They usually detect luteinizing hormone in urine. If your normal cycle is 28 days, you'll have to check on the 11th day. But falsely positive results may occur, especially when one has PCOS.

13. I guess this becomes a main concern for people who want to be on top of their baby making game :D Because you see most couples just let it happen, they try and then they have it. There are those who are not as lucky, so they end up putting science to work with these bracelets and devices. And then there are those who do not want to conceive, so knowing their ovulation cycle is crucial.

Honestly, I just know I am ovulating when you know I am feeling frisky :D Husband knows it too immediately.