1. Join The Global Pregnancy Community Today!

Click here!

Welcome to Maternity Forum! Join The Global Pregnancy Community Today! Click here!

Exercise but can't lose stomach fat

Discussion in 'General Postnatal Chat' started by JennyCannes, Jan 6, 2017.

1. JennyCannes

JennyCannes Active Member

My bff dropped by earlier and shared with me an article she read online. She's been doing the gym for 6 months now but still can't figure out why her waist is still big.

Then she read an article and tried to follow the tips there. And somehow she said that gradually her waist is a little smaller. She plans to continue with it too :)

Here's what she shared: How to lose stomach fat.

2. MommyofTwo

MommyofTwo Active Member

Maybe the exercise she did first was not focused on trimming her waist area? There are certain exercise for certain body parts that you want to tone. The article she read is actually focuses on food that adds up fats, so those mentioned on the article are most likely the ones that adds up the fats. Still, better to exercise and follow the tips on the article. :)

3. iamevallain

iamevallain Member

you know, diet contributes to most of our weight, compared to just exercising! the article seems to be on point with that :) maybe I can follow some of those tips too! lol

4. Rrrobert

Rrrobert Member

okay, yes diet is the bigger factor. but proper exercise is still needed to tone the muscles. you can loose belly fat with diet, but you end up with loose skin - now go do them crunches! hahaha

iamevallain likes this.
  5. Dilly's Mom

Dilly's Mom Active Member

I think there are toning exercises that can be done to help slim the waist. but early on, I knew not to wish for my old waistline. There are just things that are better left in the past, or else I'd just get bitter haha!

6. JennyCannes

JennyCannes Active Member

Haha, I can relate to this one! :p But I'd still exercise to keep myself healthy. Just not expecting my waist to go back to 24 though :p

7. MrHandy

MrHandy Member

Cardio is the way to go in order to lose fat. My gym trainer always told me toning exercises are great for muscle, but it can be buried underneath the fat layer if I don't do cardio. So cardio up, ladies! :)

8. iamevallain

iamevallain Member

Well that is true daddy @Rrrobert! I guess diet accompanied by simple floor exercises ought to get the fat burning going! :)

9. Rrrobert

Rrrobert Member

my diet is going for half meals rather than full meals, switching to healthier (or even no) carbs and eating leaner protein! :)

10. iamevallain

iamevallain Member

this diet works! When I was a kid, I was a little bit on the fat side. So my mom portioned my food to half. it took a bit of getting used to, but it was totally worth it! :)

11. Honeylette

Honeylette Active Member

Low carb diets work well, but be sure to eat small frequent meals. Lots of protein and fiber is good too :D

12. Leiah

Leiah Active Member

I replaced half of my rice and bread with salad. Sometimes for dinner, I only eat a huge bowl of salad with grilled or steamed chicken breasts and natural cheese. It helped me lose weight :)

13. Princess

Princess Active Member

Before being pregnant, I used to eat carbs only during breakfast and lunch, but by dinner, it would always be salad,a huge bowl, or a loaded smoothie. It helped maintain a small waist :)

14. Christie

Christie Active Member

I don't think I can survive with that dinner. It would make me have midnight snacks. :p