1. Join The Global Pregnancy Community Today!

Click here!

Welcome to Maternity Forum! Join The Global Pregnancy Community Today! Click here!

Family Planning Methods

Discussion in 'Wanting to conceive' started by MrHandy, Jan 3, 2017.

1. MrHandy

MrHandy Member

Just wanna ask about your family planning methods. I'm stay at home dad and the wife works full time. We have three daughters and we want to have one more try for a baby boy, but not yet too soon. Any advice?
  2. Wow! We've got male! I have three boys, and currently, I am using injectables because it's low maintenance (once every three months) and because my OB said so.

I would suggest that you and your wife seek the advice of an OB GYN. Curiously, does she have her period regularly? It would be easier to tell if that's the case.
  3. JennyCannes

JennyCannes Active Member

We have tried pills before but it still got me pregnant. Maybe try @rogerscarla171's advice. I think it is covered by the government if you qualify, you can get it for free.
  4. Leiah

Leiah Active Member

When are you and your wife planning to have a baby? It depends on the time frame if it is long term or short term :)
  5. MommyofTwo

MommyofTwo Active Member

Me and my husband practice withdrawal. Yes, I know it is not 100% safe but this is what we are doing at the moment. I used to take pills, I did it for years and I got scared when I learned that pills can cause cancer in the long run.
  6. I am afraid to use injectables as I am afraid of needles but I was considering this when I was looking for contraceptives. I settled with condom. I never wanted to take pills because they said if you missed two pills consecutively, you'll have to start a new pack again. I am always forgetful so this is not an option for me.
  7. Summer

Summer Member

I take pills that is safe for breastfeeding. I don't want to be relaxed with what they say that breastfeeding is also a way of contraception. I want to be sure because me and my husband wants five-year gap for our kids. :)
  8. Peachkins

Peachkins Member

I take injectibles to be sure. I am.forgetful so i might just miss a dose of the pills and where will we be then? :)
  9. well, condoms today are really quite effective if used properly! Im curious though, do you and your partner use female or male condoms?
  10. MrHandy

MrHandy Member

She has a regular period I think. She usually expects it around the third week of every month.
  11. MrHandy

MrHandy Member

We want to try early next year. My youngest is 4 years old already and I think that's enough space. But we want to be financially prepared so we need to take this year for preps :)

I didn't know this. I'll talk to my wife about it since she's planning on taking pills..
  12. Honeylette

Honeylette Active Member

I agree with @rogerscarla171 with the use of condoms. We use that too, and found it to be more convenient than pills :p
  13. Princess

Princess Active Member

My husband is not really a fan of condoms.He says that it is very uncomfortable to wear, even the thin ones. Maybe a female condom would be better, but I haven't really tried one.
  14. Christie

Christie Active Member

My husband doesn't like using them too. I tried the female condom and personally I think it's not very convenient to have to put it in every time. Lol. :p
  15. MommyofTwo

MommyofTwo Active Member

My husband too. He said he can't feel it. Haha. What is a female condom? First time to have heard about that.
  16. Male condoms. I am not aware therr is a female condom, I haven't seen one. Haha. Since when did they invented that?
  17. Come on guys! haha. @MommyofTwo and @pocketfullofsunshine, female condoms are essentially the same as male condoms - they're inserted inside the va**na, and acts as a barrier for the sperm to not go through up to the egg cell. a "raincatcher", if you will. :p
  18. MommyofTwo

MommyofTwo Active Member

Oh my gosh! I just Googled it and it really is like a male condom! What the heck, are these safe to use and how does it hold during the intercourse? Okay, I will look for a You Tube video on this if I can find one.
  19. MrHandy

MrHandy Member

I wonder if you ladies will be as uncomfortable using it as we are when using male condoms. :p We haven't tried that yet.
  20. My friend tried it and told me it was too thick, she couldn't "feel" his partner. lol. but really, I'd rather be feeling my partner less than getting an unplanned pregnancy. :)