1. Join The Global Pregnancy Community Today!

Click here!

Welcome to Maternity Forum! Join The Global Pregnancy Community Today! Click here!

Fat loss during pregnancy

Discussion in '2nd Trimester' started by Honeylette, Nov 28, 2016.

1. Honeylette

Honeylette Active Member

I've put on a lot of weight and fat in my first pregnancy, almost 45lbs. I've shed a lot of the fat and weight and not over the normal weight limit right now but my body fat percentage is still a bit high. I want to lose around 9-10 pounds of fat until my next pregnancy but I got pregnant waaay sooner than planned.

Do you know any pregnant women who managed to lose weight? I am planning to go to my OB soon for this. Do you know of any success stories and encouragement?

2. MommyofTwo

MommyofTwo Active Member

You should consult your OB regarding that, I think there are dietitians who can help you with that. You can also Zumba (there's a separate thread about that here) but I am not sure if that can help you lose some weight. Watch what you eat too, so you don't have to add more pounds while pregnant.

3. I've seen some local celebrities who exercise while pregnant, you just need to get a clearance from your OB that it's all right for you to do exercises. I think this is a good way to keep your body fit and easy to heal after you give birth. You can try searching on You Tube about this too. :)

4. Solange Diaz

Solange Diaz Active Member

I actually lost 22 pounds while pregnant because I had to follow a strict diet so as not to have high blood or sugar . My OB referred me to a gestational nutritionist who helped me plan the meals. I was actually much healthier back when I was pregnant!

5. Dilly's Mom

Dilly's Mom Active Member

I agree that we need to eat healthier and not necessarily eat more when we are pregnant. I lost a couple of pounds (nothing like 22lbs though) because I stopped drinking cola when I was pregnant.

6. Princess

Princess Active Member

Give up cola?? :eek:

Haha. It's one of my favorite drinks. I don't know why, but before, I really didn't like drinking sodas. But since they are bad for the body even if you're not pregnant, then it must not be consumed by pregnant women too much as well :confused:

7. HappyMum

HappyMum Active Member

I used to just walk briskly for 15 minutes every morning when I was pregnant. I avoided the bike, and never lifted heavy objects. My friend jogged until her 2nd trimester and she is a very fit pregnant woman. Just keep things simple and avoid strenuous activities :)

8. JennyCannes

JennyCannes Active Member

I agree with @HappyMum to keep things simple if you haven't been exercising before your pregnancy.
    Jogging and brisk-walking are simple but very effective cardio exercises that can help you maintain a healthy weight during pregnancy :)

9. MommyofTwo

MommyofTwo Active Member

I do brisk walking too when I was pregnant with my youngest. I walk to the market while enjoying the morning sun. It's nice to walk in the morning these days, the wind is warm on the skin and you can feel the holiday coming very fast.

10. Christie

Christie Active Member

I just came from bed rest and my OB allowed me only regular walking at 5-10 minutes intervals. My sister accompanies me at the park together with her dog, and it feels great to just have your leg muscles move around :)

11. JennyCannes

JennyCannes Active Member

Simply walking is considered cardio. It's a good way to keep moving when you can't do heavier counterparts like regular exercise and jogging :)

12. I would always lose a lot of weight during the first trimester of my pregnancy and then just gain them back plus a couple more before giving birth. Despite the fact that I am doing my best to exercise and eat properly.

13. HappyMum

HappyMum Active Member

@rogerscarla171 we are all different when it comes to our bodies, but I believe the important thing is that we strive to be happy :)

14. I know! And the older I get the more difficult it is to lose weight! :( I can't say I have been religiously exercising or going to the gym though. I am lazy. I work a lot, come to think of it, the only time I am free is when I am logged in here. Hah!

15. Honeylette

Honeylette Active Member

Haha why not try doing those minor "multitasking" exercises post-pregnancy, like while waiting for the food to cook, do 10 squats, or while watching TV do small dumbbell lifts etc. :)

16. Simple. I am lazy. Hahaha. But I tried doing those, my 8year old thinks I'm crazy. I was sort of successful with the arms since I use my two year old as a dumbbell.

17. Summer

Summer Member

I was lucky that I didn't gain much weight when I was pregnant with Autumn. I ate so much when I was pregnant but didn't had those really big belly and I didn't had a hard time flattening my tummy area after giving birth.

18. Christie

Christie Active Member

You're lucky :D

I am on my second trimester and my belly is sooo big!

19. Summer

Summer Member

yay! you must be eating too much. :) I guess you can try exercising after you give birth, or they say that if your body built is really the skinny or the petite one, even if you'll grow big while pregnant, you'll regain your old body after birth. Of course you need to exercise to remove those fats, if there is after birth. :)

20. MommyofTwo

MommyofTwo Active Member

Try watching videos on YouTube, I bet there are tons of videos for that. Just make sure that you tell your doctor you're doing those exercise to make sure that the exercise is safe for babies.