1. Join The Global Pregnancy Community Today!

Click here!

Welcome to Maternity Forum! Join The Global Pregnancy Community Today! Click here!

Flower Baby Names

Discussion in 'Baby Names' started by Leiah, Dec 4, 2016.

1. Leiah

Leiah Active Member

I don't know why but I have been thinking a lot about cute flower-based baby names lately. I must be so bored or what lol. I just want to share with you some cute baby names that I found:

For boys:
    • Alder
    • Aster
    • Sage
    For girls:

• Magnolia
    • Marigold
    • Myrtle
    • Orchid
    • Pansy
    • Heather
    • Hyacinth
    • Iris
    • Jasmine
    • Juniper
    • Azalea
    • Blossom
    • Bluebell
    • Calla
    • Camellia

2. HappyMum

HappyMum Active Member

I actually didn't expect to see boys names from flowers. They are nice and unique. Although of course girls have more cute names from this one. I like Lily and Rosa, as well as Jasmine. :)

3. Princess

Princess Active Member

Heather is a fine name for a baby girl. It sounds very charming and elegant too. :)

4. Summer

Summer Member

I didn't know Heather is a name of a flower. It's nice. I like Heather Graham. :)

I like Blossom, feels autumn and smells good. :)

5. Solange Diaz

Solange Diaz Active Member

From your list, I like the name Iris best and for boys, I have always liked the name Sage. And the latter works for girls too. Meanwhile, I know someone named Hyacinth and he's a man. So i guess that one is also gender neutral :)

6. Peachkins

Peachkins Member

I like gender neutral names because it keeps people guessing. :) And they do say that your name can actually partly influence personality so its interesting to see the impact of flower based names to the person :)

7. Alex Santiago

Alex Santiago Member

I like Sage. Didn't know it was for boys though. And Heather too. It sounds classy and unique. Maybe if I'm gonna have another daughter I'll name her that :)

8. Princess

Princess Active Member

Haha I had a classmate back in primary school named Alex, it's gender-neutral according to our teacher, and most teachers mistake him for a girl and always puts his name on the girl's name list. It annoyed him so much haha

9. JennyCannes

JennyCannes Active Member

Juniper is both cute and nice! It actually sounds very playful and vibrant, I think that would be my favorite among your list :)

10. Leiah

Leiah Active Member

@Princess I can imagine his frustration. I have a batchmate like that before. During the graduation march he was called during the list of females. It was embarrassing for him since he didn't know what to do :p

11. Honeylette

Honeylette Active Member

So this is where the name azalea came from. :D It's a pretty name and sounds like the one who's named after it will have an interesting personality :)

12. I kinda like Magnolia and Marigold and Blossom too. They sound very elegant and very womanly. Names like those are good for supermodels and candidates in a pageant. :)

13. HappyMum

HappyMum Active Member

I agree they have some kind of flair to them, right? :) Many celebrities have elegant names, some even changed their names to a screen name that sounds very interesting :)

14. Christie

Christie Active Member

I'd like Rosalie as a girl's name, as well as Sakura, the Japanese flower :D They are so girly and sweet!

Princess likes this.
  15. Yes, I agree. Some celebrities change their names because their real name doesn't fit to their personality or to the personality they are portraying. Good thing they have screen names and they have gorgeous screen names and it suits them well.

16. Princess

Princess Active Member

Awww.. I like Sakura! I used to watch this cartoon series when I was still a kid, Card Captor Sakura. I loved that cartoon a lot :D

17. Princess

Princess Active Member

I actually thought that they naturally had great and lovely names even before they went into Hollywood. LOL. I just learned the truth when I got into high school :p

18. Leiah

Leiah Active Member

LOL @Princess I learned about it when I was already in college! Talk about being ignorant! :p

I like Jasmine. I like their pretty little white flowers and the scent, plus that name sounds just so elegant :)

19. Well, at least they picked or their manager picked the right name for them. Lol.

I was trying to browse some flower inspired names and I saw Violet. I didn't know it was a flower too, I liked the name when I was pregnant with my baby girl. :)

20. Of the list, my favorite would always be Hyacinth. I have not exactly encountered the actual flower, but it doesn't matter because it sounds really awesome.