1. Join The Global Pregnancy Community Today!

Click here!

Welcome to Maternity Forum! Join The Global Pregnancy Community Today! Click here!

Funny moments during D day

Discussion in 'Labor and Birth' started by MommyofTwo, Nov 7, 2016.

1. MommyofTwo

MommyofTwo Active Member

I just want to read your stories when you were in the labor room and waiting for your babies to pop out! Do you have any funny or sweet memories during the D day? Let's share so we can have a good laugh. :)

2. Honeylette

Honeylette Active Member

I remember this overzealous OB (she's retired now), who kept yelling "you can do it! Push! Puuuush! Push it like you mean it!" while I'm in labor. I was so pumped up and in pain, I yelled back "what the heck do you think I'm doing woman?!"
    And then I suddenly let out a big fat fart and everyone fell quiet and we burst out laughing, even me. I guess it helped me relax a bit and the baby was out soon after.

Solange Diaz and Christie like this.
  3. Christie

Christie Active Member

omg that is so funny! Although if I was in your place I would probably be crying, because I was so emotional and messed up during my D day. Glad to see that you managed to laugh even :)

4. MommyofTwo

MommyofTwo Active Member

Hahaha! Almost had the same experience with farting. I had C Section so those pushing thing is not applicable for me. I farted while on labor room (because I am so insistent in trying to go normal) then I suddenly farted, no sound but with smell. Hahaha. The nurses couldn't react but I can see in their face that they could smell it. Hahaha.

5. Honeylette

Honeylette Active Member

Hahaha so is it kind of a labor thing for normal deliveries to fart? :D I heard stories about some even passing out poop..

6. Dilly's Mom

Dilly's Mom Active Member

I was CS, and they allowed my husband in the OR. So while I was telling him stories while being operated on (i was hella lucid), i can see him turning green in the gills. When I felt a tug (which turned out to be my tummy being lifted via forceps) my husband grabbed my hand and froze in shock. suffice to say, he was useless taking photos when the baby came out. i thought they would carry him via stretcher out of the room. but i appreciated what he did being there for me because he really is deathly scared at the sight of blood and there was a lot, apparently. :)

7. Solange Diaz

Solange Diaz Active Member

This made.me.laugh really hard. The worst thing you can do to a woman in labor is to tell her to push some more. :D as if she's not already shoving down her intestines if she could.

8. Leiah

Leiah Active Member

It's actually very sweet of him! Haha, I could imagine him being frozen, my husband is the same thing. Luckily my baby just went out when I coughed. I was having coughs and colds that time and well...baby decided to take the ride out while I coughed haha. :D

9. HappyMum

HappyMum Active Member

Well that was a quick one! :) At least you didn't have to be in prolonged pain just to push the baby out.
    My man almost fainted whenhe saw the baby's head crowning. I would say men can be strong and brave but there are some things they still can't take :D

10. Let's see. With my eldest, my mom and I are eating at McDonald's I even had the float imagine that! I was just in for a routine check up, when the OB announced 4 cm guys in labor! To the delivery room! I was so shocked! I offered to walk and the doctor said, NOPE.

I didn't know how serious things were at the time.

For my second, it was funny because I had the show while in the bathroom and I casually told my husband, "I think it's time" and he was like, really? okay and continued on his iPad, while I took my bag. Then it hit him and he panicked a bit and we decided to commute to the hospital because he can't focus on driving (it was his first time after all) and he was so scared to even go to the delivery room although he was welcomed to.

Last edited: Nov 10, 2016
  11. iamevallain

iamevallain Member

It's amazing how you guys still remember these scenarios even if you are already into labor. They make up for great anecdotes in the future for each of your kids!

12. Leiah

Leiah Active Member

Oh dear! I'm scared at moments like that when someone panics while driving because we might get hit, and it would be better to call an ambulance. I find it cute though that it didn't get clear to him at first then he panicked. Husbands can be cute sometimes :D

13. Alex Santiago

Alex Santiago Member

HAHAHA! That's so funny! Maybe letting out a big fat fart is normal. It has to be. Most, if not all, have had that experience. Myself included haha it was so embarrassing.

14. iamevallain

iamevallain Member

I could not imagine farting in the delivery room when everyone is panicking just to make sure I am fine. That surely made my day!

15. Farting in the delivery room is fine, I remember during my first delivery I even pooped on the table and it helped at the time because my OB just said poop it out! Push it! I am glad I didn't do anything like that again after. But it was embarrassing. Can't imagine the looks on the people attending my delivery might have been as they were all wearing masks but I am pretty sure I am being judged by one of them. haha