1. Join The Global Pregnancy Community Today!

Click here!

Welcome to Maternity Forum! Join The Global Pregnancy Community Today! Click here!

Gems and Precious Stones :)

Discussion in 'Baby Names' started by JennyCannes, Dec 12, 2016.

1. JennyCannes

JennyCannes Active Member

Coming up with baby names is such a fun activity. You can just let your creativity go loose and think of all the wonderful names that can be given to a baby boy or girl :D

I'm thinking about gems and precious stones. My favorites are:

boys: Jasper
    girls: Sapphire

2. Solange Diaz

Solange Diaz Active Member

I like the name Emerald, and for boys, maybe Garnet. :D You really are having fun thinking of names, eh? :) Hope you find the one that suits the best! :D

3. Ahhh, gem stones! I have never met anyone named turquoise yet, but there are definitely a lot of Rubys and Emeralds. I personally would love the name Quartz though, it just sounds interesting.

4. Honeylette

Honeylette Active Member

Quartz can either be a boy or a girl's name :D I like Crystalline or Pearl. :D

5. Leiah

Leiah Active Member

What pretty names they are :D Garnet does sound like a cute name for boys @Solange Diaz :D

6. Garnet reminds me of a basketball player, I am not sure if he still plays, probably retired. Kevin Garnett.

7. LizB

LizB Member

I have a friend named Opal. :D She says it's one of the least used gem names, and it's a good thing, because she has been teased as Offal for a long time. :D Personally, I think it's pretty.

8. MommyofTwo

MommyofTwo Active Member

My daughter's name is Amber. I actually didn't know at first that it was a name of a gem until I checked it out online. :)

9. Christie

Christie Active Member

Oh yeah, it's the yellow clear rock that archaeologists love to dig up :D I like that too, I am always amazed at how they look at the museums. Amber as a name sounds girly and sweet :D

10. HappyMum

HappyMum Active Member

I like the name Pearl. I know a friend's daughter named Pearl, and she has fair skin and happy sparkling eyes when she smiles that I think the name is perfect for her :D

11. Princess

Princess Active Member

Crystal is a cute name too :)

12. Summer

Summer Member

I like the name Amethyst. It is very rare and very unique too. I like names that are not too popular and not often use by other people. :)

JennyCannes likes this.
  13. JennyCannes

JennyCannes Active Member

Oh it's a pretty and unique name @Amber Lee :D It's sounds so feminine

14. Princess

Princess Active Member

Looks like a perfect name match for your friend's daughter :D

15. Crystal is simply pretty :)
    Amber and Crystal could be my favorite baby girl names.

16. Summer

Summer Member

I like the name Amber too. I know a couple of girls named Amber, looks like it's becoming a popular name. :)

17. iamevallain

iamevallain Member

I have a guy friend and he's named after his birthstone, Topaz! :eek::eek::eek:

18. I think Topaz sounds cool and unique! :D I have 2 more to add in our list here: Onyx (for boys) and Jade (for girls) - what do you ladies think? :)