1. Join The Global Pregnancy Community Today!

Click here!

Welcome to Maternity Forum! Join The Global Pregnancy Community Today! Click here!

help please!

Discussion in '1st Trimester' started by Ophilla Wiles, Apr 14, 2017.

1. Ophilla Wiles

Ophilla Wiles New Member

This is the first time I have ever been pregnant! I fount out I was pregnant before I missed my period because I was spotting and I had some cramps. I took a test and boom pregnant. I went to the doctors and they didn't tell me much I go to my OB Tuesday and I'm nervous. Why? Well I have mild cramping and the spotting stopped but I have some discharge and I am horrified I am going to have a miscarriage!!!!!! Is this Normal to cramp and have some discharge??

2. RoNa

RoNa Administrator

Hello Ophilla,

How was your appointment with your OB? What did she say? While cramping can be common, there are some serious causes of abdominal pain during pregnancy. Miscarriage – Vaginal spotting accompanied by mild or sharp cramping can be a sign of a miscarriage, although some pregnant women who have spotting and cramping can go on to have healthy pregnancies. You made the right decision by visiting your OB. Hope all is well.

3. Ophilla Wiles

Ophilla Wiles New Member

So far, all is well. He said cramping is normal as long as it's not to painful and there no signs of bleeding. As of now I'm 7 weeks pregnant and I think I'm doing pretty good so far!

4. RoNa

RoNa Administrator

It is always best to speak with our doctors whenever we're pregnant. I remember my OB telling me to take note of painful cramping when I was pregnant 2 years ago. I'm glad all is well. :)