1. Join The Global Pregnancy Community Today!

Click here!

Welcome to Maternity Forum! Join The Global Pregnancy Community Today! Click here!

Help us choose a name!

Discussion in 'Baby Names' started by MrHandy, Jan 3, 2017.

1. MrHandy

MrHandy Member

Hi! My sister-in-law is well into her second trimester, and she and her husband asks friends and family to help choose a name. Here are some details:

Mom: Rose
    Loves flowers and is into gardening
    Is sporty
    loves violet colors

Dad: Nate
    Loves snow and winter, and nature trips
    certified bookworm
    loves the color white

Any ideas?

2. JennyCannes

JennyCannes Active Member

What about:

Eira Rose - the Welsh name for “snow” for girls

Olwen - cute and unusual name means “white footprint” for boys

Haha. A bit difficult for that one :p

3. Leiah

Leiah Active Member

Rosalie is a pretty and very sweet name I've always wanted for a name :D
    For a baby boy... Nathaniel?

4. Rrrobert

Rrrobert Member

Boy - Jonathan or Xavier
    Girl - Lily or Violet (lol!)

anyway, advanced congratulations to your sister-in-law! hopefully she has a safe and successful journey. :)

5. iamevallain

iamevallain Member

I always loved the name Lucy! and if ever it turns out to be a boy, Luke would be a great name as well!

Congrats, @MrHandy !

6. Amber Lee

Amber Lee Member

Maybe they can choose who will name the child depending on the gender? Like if it's a girl, the mom chooses the name and if it's a boy, the dad chooses the name. :)

I would go for names like Scarlet for a girl and Noah for a boy. However it seems they both like nature and garden so we can think of something that connects with nature and garden - perhaps, flower names for girls like Lily and something from a favorite sports star of the mom like David (Beckham) something like that. :)

7. Solange Diaz

Solange Diaz Active Member

For a girl: why not Violet or Rosa/ Rosanna?
    And a bookworm dad who likes white might have tendencies towards the name Gandalf (the White). So let's save the boy from a lifetime of pain and maybe suggest Aspen or Jon (Snow).

8. Peachkins

Peachkins Member

A girl: Ayana (which means beautiful flower) or Flora

Boy: Schuyler ( which translates to scholar)

9. Solange Diaz

Solange Diaz Active Member

Girl: something unexpected like Lennox (the girl heroine from A Secret Garden is named Mary Lennox)

Boy: i keep thinking Calvin, after the comic strip Calvin and Hobbes. He loves nature and snow and is the epitome of boyhood. :)

10. MrHandy

MrHandy Member

Wow! Thank you for the suggestions! They are all great and I'll let her know for sure :D
    She has not yet done the gender reveal so I have no idea what gender it will be :p

11. Honeylette

Honeylette Active Member

I have to agree, lovely flower (or plant) names are a good idea since they both love nature. :) There are some ancient gardens that have great names (sorry I forgot!) that they can also use :)

12. Princess

Princess Active Member

What about Primrose? We have them in our yard during the winter and they are lovely against the white snow :D

Christie likes this.
  13. Christie

Christie Active Member

I love this! We have the Chinese primrose, and they give our white everything snowed-down house some life. What a lovely and perfect name for them too :D