1. Join The Global Pregnancy Community Today!

Click here!

Welcome to Maternity Forum! Join The Global Pregnancy Community Today! Click here!

Home remedy for head lice

Discussion in 'Baby and Toddler' started by pocketfullofsunshine, Dec 12, 2016.

1. What other home remedy can you recommend in getting rid of head lice? My daughter have head lice :( I suspect that she got them from her cousins because she sometimes lie down on their pillows. I am so alarmed with this. We tried the one in a sachet (I forgot the name) but it seems it's still there. There were lice eggs too in her hair strands. i am afraid she might pass it on to me and to my baby since we sleep in the same bed together.
  2. Amber Lee

Amber Lee Member

I think you need to use a comb meant to catch lice and do it everyday while using the treatment shampoo. I remember my niece had lice too and what her mom did was to comb it everyday until they disappeared.
  3. Dilly's Mom

Dilly's Mom Active Member

I think the best way is still to use treatment shampoo. I remember my mom applying the medicine to my scalp and using a special comb to catch all the lice. Hurts like heck, that comb, but it works.
  4. Summer

Summer Member

Yes that tiny layer of comb really works after the treatment. When I was a kid my mom would use that to me too. Just comb as often as possible.
  5. HappyMum

HappyMum Active Member

There is a variety of products available in the market for treating head lice. They often work well, but sometimes they don't.
    When they don't work, try going to a pediatrician and they will give you stronger medicinal shampoo to get rid of the lice.
  6. Honeylette

Honeylette Active Member

I can't remember which shampoo we used for a niece, but it had to be used for 3 days in a row, and she had to wear a breathable shower cap through the day, probably to prevent spreading the lice.
  7. Leiah

Leiah Active Member

When I was still a kid, our aunts would lather a lot of conditioner on our hair when we had the lice. After washing, they like using those Chinese red combs that have cery tiny spaces in between, so that the comb goes smoothly while trapping the lice.
  8. I just bought the tiny comb meant for catching lice and will be using Licealiz shampoo 3x a week to remove other small lice comb can't catch. I really hope it goes away soon. :(
  9. Leiah

Leiah Active Member

10. It's our first day today and I was able to comb a few lice. We will repeat again on Saturday with the same routine. Yeah, I will follow the instructions carefully to get the results I need. Thanks for your suggestions and tips! :)
  11. Christie

Christie Active Member

12. LizB

LizB Member

It is very possible to get it too. You ought to check your hair as well :(
  13. Gosh, true! For some reason everytime I comb her hair, I feel like scratching my head too and sometimes I want to comb my hair too using that tiny comb to see if maybe I have them too.