1. Join The Global Pregnancy Community Today!

Click here!

Welcome to Maternity Forum! Join The Global Pregnancy Community Today! Click here!

horror movies and shows

Discussion in 'Teens' started by JennyCannes, Dec 18, 2016.

1. JennyCannes

JennyCannes Active Member

At what age do you allow your children to watch such shows? My sister likes having her children watch them together, but I think that I want my kids to watch it once they're teens already.

2. MommyofTwo

MommyofTwo Active Member

My daughter who's 6 watch horror movies already but does not finish them because she's too scared to finish the movies. For me it's okay to let her watch it.

3. Summer

Summer Member

For me, I think it depends on how they are because there are 5 year old girls who can watch horror movies and some can't handle to watch it.

4. Princess

Princess Active Member

Haha, I'm a scaredy cat so I wouldn't want to watch it. If the kids want to watch but they end up having nightmares, I would rather not allow them to watch. But if they can handle it, then why not. :)

5. Honeylette

Honeylette Active Member

I would allow My kids once they reach primary school. I don't want toddlers or babies be traumatized so early.

6. I agree to this! There are kids of 5 and 6 and they think of horrror as creative instead of scary. It goes to show the kid thinks differently. Adults should watch closely and know how they are.

7. Summer

Summer Member

Right, because I have a nephew who watches horror movies but doesn't have nightmares at all about the movie. So I really guess it really depends on the child and yes, there should be an adult who will watch with them.

8. MommyofTwo

MommyofTwo Active Member

I think with proper guidance, we will never go wrong. But then again, it really depends on the toddler if they are ready to watch horror movies or not.

9. LizB

LizB Member

I think it would be best to let them watch these shows when they can readily understand when it is explained to them that it isn't always real. That means I think it's an imperative to watch it with your kids so you can be there to answer questions. SO if you don't like horor, don't let your kids watch em too. :p

10. HappyMum

HappyMum Active Member

My sons LOVE horror movies and shows when they were kids. They were never afraid, even at a young age. I don't know why but when they see the monsters and ghosts at the screen, they always tell my husband and I, "mom, dad, don't worry, we will protect you" LOL

rogerscarla171 and Leiah like this.
  11. Leiah

Leiah Active Member

That's pretty great haha. I love how your sons are very protective of you both. It's cute and admirable :D

12. Honeylette

Honeylette Active Member

Aww that's so sweet of your sons, @HappyMum! :D No wonder they grew up to be loving and adorable kids. :p

13. JennyCannes

Haha, I guess I have to see how the movies and shows affect them. I don't want them to grow up scared of the dark of paranoid.

14. JennyCannes

Awwww :D Such cuties! I hope someday my babies would tell me that. It's so sweet :)

15. Peachkins

Peachkins Member

I dont know if I ever will. I am not a fan, I scare easy and it gives me nightmares. If I let her watch, then i'd have to watch with her. So,yeah. Not happening. She can try when she is in high school. :)

16. Solange Diaz

Solange Diaz Active Member

This made me.smile. I wouldnt let my kids watch either if it means I have to watch with them. I mean, c'mon guys, let's just re watch lord of the rings. :D

17. So nice to hear these words from kids <3

18. iamevallain

iamevallain Member

I myself love Horror Movies! But they are rated (G, PG, R, etc.) for a reason. It's all about being age appropriate and how the viewer would comprehend the movie. :)

19. Summer

Summer Member

Oh, best if we review the horror movie first because there are horror movies with some explicit scenes that they are not allowed to watch. I remember my husband's brother watching horror movie and then there was a scene where the characters had sex. My goodness haha.

20. Amber Lee

Amber Lee Member

We did this one time when we watched The Ring, the old movie -- well, not really old, but the movie back then and my boys were really scared they even threw the popcorn we just prepared for the movie. Hahaha. We watched it around 8pm and the boys said they still want to watch horror movies but then they want to do it during afternoon. Hahaha. Crazy kids.