1. Join The Global Pregnancy Community Today!

Click here!

Welcome to Maternity Forum! Join The Global Pregnancy Community Today! Click here!

How to prevent miscarriages

Discussion in 'General Miscarriage And Loss Discussion' started by JennyCannes, Jan 6, 2017.

1. JennyCannes

JennyCannes Active Member

Hi everyone! I just want to share the tips I learned while reading on how to prevent miscarriages. :)
    • Eat a balanced diet.
    • Take plenty of calcium and folic acid.
    • Take OB-prescribed prenatal vitamins.
    • Keep moving but don't do heavy exercuse
    • Don't overeat.
    • No smoking.
    • Stay away from alcohol and drugs.
    • Avoid sugary foods.
    • Avoid cold cuts and unpasteurized dairy products that can risk listeria
    • Avoid caffeine.
    • Avoid abdominal trauma.
    • Be immunized and vaccinated.
    • Have prenatal checkups regularly.
    • If anything doesn't feel right, call your doc asap.

2. MommyofTwo

MommyofTwo Active Member

Prenatal check ups are very important to monitor the development of the unborn child. And taking care of the mom's body as it will carry the child for 9 months. :)

3. These are great tips, @JennyCannes! might I also add that, even with these, a proper preemptive consultation with your OB is needed to properly conceive and prepare for conception. :)

4. MrHandy

MrHandy Member

Great list! Definitely a must follow for many expecting moms out there :) Our OB gave my wife a list like this too during her first trimester.

5. MommyofTwo

MommyofTwo Active Member

If I may emphasize the "no alcohol, no drugs and no smoking" rule, it is very important and very serious if you don't follow it. Just think about your unborn child and the risk it will bring to you too.

6. Honeylette

Honeylette Active Member

I agree with this a hundred percent! Sometimes I find it ridiculous when moms smoke and drink while they are pregnant..

7. iamevallain

iamevallain Member

An OB friend of mine told me that if you drank a glass of red wine while pregnant, it couldn't do any harm. but anything further than that is just risking it. better to be safe than sorry!

8. MommyofTwo

MommyofTwo Active Member

I say this because I know a friend who did this when she had her twins. Good thing nothing bad happened to them, well at least for now. What irks me most is she's a childhood friend and the twins are cousins of my children but she was not married to my brother in law. So you can just imagine how worried we were. :(

9. MommyofTwo

MommyofTwo Active Member

I think wine is okay, as long as the alcohol content is really low but if it's liquor, then that's a no no.

10. Smoking is just plainly bad! haven't we all learned that yet? Im surprised people still smoke tobacco!

11. Rrrobert

Rrrobert Member

I've got a question, if "avoid sugary foods" is on that list, then why does my wife insist on eating chocolate? should I be worried? we're a long way down in her pregnancy, I don't want any complications. :(

12. well, its pretty much safe based from experience. but of course, it should be taken into moderation. here's an article about it:
    http://www.babycenter.com/404_is-it-safe-to-eat-a-lot-of-chocolate-during-pregnancy_1245156.bc
    hope it helps and reduces your worries! :)

13. RoNa

RoNa Administrator

Thank you for the list. I will surely share this to my friend who is currently 4 months pregnant. I will have this printed and give it to her so she can familiarize all of these.

14. Joy

Joy Guest

A healthy lifestyle before and during pregnancy may help also to prevent miscarriages. Thank you for sharing :)

15. Love

Love Guest

Thank you for sharing this great checklist. ;) Simply taking control of your health and maintaining good eating, exercising, and sleeping patterns can help to ensure that you'll have a positive pregnancy.

16. RoNa

RoNa Administrator

It takes discipline not to eat good while pregnant. haha