1. Join The Global Pregnancy Community Today!

Click here!

Welcome to Maternity Forum! Join The Global Pregnancy Community Today! Click here!

Hypnobirthing

Discussion in 'Labor and Birth' started by Christie, Jan 6, 2017.

1. Christie

Christie Active Member

I saw this in an ad by hypnobirthingcanada.com, and I was intrigued. Here's what I found in the net:

"Hypnotherapy during childbirth is based on the theory that to experience an easy and comfortable birth, women need to have an understanding of the way in which the uterus functions naturally during normal childbirth when unencumbered by fear, along with the ill effects of the fear-tension-pain cycle on the birthing process. Birthing women and their support partners are taught non-pharmacological strategies, such as relaxation, meditation and visualisation, that allow the body to birth normally without restrictions to assist in less painful, easier, more comfortable birthing."​

Sounds promising, don't you think? :)

2. Home birthing center does this, right? They don't inject anything or give pain medication to the pregnant moms. I think I can't do this because just thinking of the pain freaks me out.

3. MrHandy

MrHandy Member

My cousin-in-law tried this once. We were there. She said that she was prepped for two months before her expected date, and she is doing great during the labor.