1. Join The Global Pregnancy Community Today!

Click here!

Welcome to Maternity Forum! Join The Global Pregnancy Community Today! Click here!

If you have breast implants, can you still breastfeed your baby?

Discussion in 'General Breastfeeding' started by RoNa, Mar 9, 2017.

1. RoNa

RoNa Administrator

Women nowadays are fond of breast implants, can they still breastfeed their baby? Is it safe for the mother and the baby?

2. Charm

Charm Guest

Yes, I think it is safe for the mother and the baby to breast feed after you have implants but they say it depends on the placement of implants and the type of surgery you have. In my opinion, it is much safer if women would not undergo breast implants and be contented of what we have. :D

3. RoNa

RoNa Administrator

Same here Charm. I also believe that women should not undergo breast implants. I don't have big boobs but I am contented with what I have. I can't imagine myself undergoing the operation. Just saying. :) I see, so it is safe for both the mother and the baby. Thank you for the information.

4. Charm

Charm Guest

I agree with you. Besides, it is not an issue or big deal nowadays.

5. Love

Love Guest

Definitely!:D It depends on the kind of surgery you had, but most approaches are compatible with breastfeeding. Studies show that incisions made under the fold of the breast or through the armpit shouldn't cause any trouble. A "smile" incision around the areola increases your risk of having breastfeeding problems.

6. Charm

Charm Guest

That's why we must avoid this if possible for this can probably affect breastfeeding. As what they say "prevention is better than cure" :)

7. Joy

Joy Guest

Very well said. They also said that if your breasts have been surgically enlarged with silicone or saline implants, your nipples may be more or less sensitive than normal that causes the breast to swollen. If some women wanted to engaged to this, they might as well postponed the surgery until they deliver their last child. :)

8. RoNa

RoNa Administrator

True. We are all on the same page. :) How are you mommies?