1. Join The Global Pregnancy Community Today!

Click here!

Welcome to Maternity Forum! Join The Global Pregnancy Community Today! Click here!

Insect Bite

Discussion in 'Baby and Toddler' started by Solange Diaz, Dec 18, 2016.

1. Solange Diaz

Solange Diaz Active Member

Is there an insect bite ointment you use? The insect bites on my baby gets very red and sometimes gets infected. I can't stop him from scratching. Im thinking if I put something that can calm the spots down, maybe he wont scratch and make it worse.

2. LizB

LizB Member

When I was a kid, my parents would just put Vicks on my itchies. Unless it's a rash and they use an ointment for that. :D I don't know if that still works though :D

3. Try calmoseptine. I know it is for insect bites too. I also use sunflower oil on my baby, it's effective on him.

4. MommyofTwo

MommyofTwo Active Member

I tried using drapolene cream when I ran out of calmoseptine and it actually helped the itchiness on my baby's skin. Calmoseptine is an all around ointment and it's really effective.

5. Summer

Summer Member

I use Calmoseptine when my daughter have rashes, so far they can remove red marks from ant bites.

6. Princess

Princess Active Member

Calamine lotions work well for me. Sometimes, just to stop from scratching I put those tiny band aids on them lol.

Honeylette likes this.
  7. Honeylette

Honeylette Active Member

Hey that's a great idea, I should do that next time. We have these circle band aids that are small enough to just cover those insect bites :)

8. Summer

Summer Member

My daughter's pedia also advise to put small band aod to prevent thr baby from scratching the itchy part of the skin especially the legs.

9. HappyMum

HappyMum Active Member

We used mittens before so my sons can't scratch anything if they want to, and a drop of alcohol on the bite does the trick. :)

10. Christie

Christie Active Member

What a coincidence because I just got bitten by a mosquito and I have Vicks here. They work for adults too, right? :p

11. MommyofTwo

MommyofTwo Active Member

I think so. It actually is soothing and you feel relieved feeling the coolness of Vicks on your skin. We also use that if my daughter is on a trip because she tend to vomit every time we put on AC while traveling. Haha.

12. Solange Diaz

Looks like Calmoseptine is a leading suggestion. Alright will try that one next time. :) thanks!

13. Summer

Summer Member

I saw calmoseptine in sachets. I think they are best for travelling and for budget friendly ointment. :)

14. Peachkins

Peachkins Member

You can also try sunflower oil if you want to go all natural. I saw some organics store selling the stuff. :)

15. Peachkins

Peachkins Member

I used calmoseptine too, and I only.needed to use it overnight. The next day, i switched back to regular diaper cream.

16. LizB

LizB Member

I have read aboit sunflower oil too. It's also good for moisturizing adult skin, apparently. I plan to get some soon.

17. Solange Diaz

This is news to me. Thanks for letting me know about sunflower oil. I read up on the net and I like what I read. :)

18. MommyofTwo

MommyofTwo Active Member

Yes, I have sunflower oil too that I use whenever there are mosquito or ant bite on my baby. I also use Drapolene sometimes to put on the itchy area of the body.

19. Amber Lee

Amber Lee Member

I use an organic rescue balm that is menthol and eases itchy bites whether mosquito or ant bite. It works great for us and we've been using it for years. It's somehow like Vicks but it is milder. :)

20. MommyofTwo

MommyofTwo Active Member

My best friend gave me a rescue balm too, I am not sure if that is the same as what you have though. It works great for us too but I don't know where is the nearest shop I can buy it since we already consumed ours.