1. Join The Global Pregnancy Community Today!

Click here!

Welcome to Maternity Forum! Join The Global Pregnancy Community Today! Click here!

Irregular period and TTC

Discussion in 'Fertility issues' started by HappyMum, Jan 11, 2017.

1. HappyMum

HappyMum Active Member

Who has had irregular periods and tried to conceive? Our very young neighbor came for tea yesterday asking for help about trying to conceive with irregular periods. She said that she's had them ever since, but the check ups show nothing but hormonal imbalance. OB gave her pills, but whenever she tried to stop, the irregular periods come back again.

Now they are trying to conceive but their results were unsuccessful. Any suggestions or similar experiences?

2. I have irregular periods until now. When we decided to have another baby, I was on pills then. I stopped taking them and after 3 months I got pregnant. I have PCOS and so irregular periods are expected but good thing there were no major implications when we planned for our kids.

3. Leiah

Leiah Active Member

They have to keep trying. Like @pocketfullofsunshine, even women with irregular periods can have a healthy pregnancy. Maybe she should check with her overall health. Is her body ready for pregnancy?

4. Princess

Princess Active Member

I used to have irregular periods. Even now before this pregnancy, I still had it. It's possible, as long as you make yourself ready for pregnancy.

5. I agree, they should seek medical assistance and really slow down and focus on getting ready to be pregnant.

6. wow, I can just imagine the hardship you went through! PCOS isn't a simple condition, people! God bless you and your family, @pocketfullofsunshine! :)

7. Rrrobert

Rrrobert Member

I think it would be best to try to resolve the irregular period first, and then try to conceive a baby. always take small steps, people.

8. Thank you @Picked Peppers! Yes I actually went through some medication before I had family to regulate my period but it seems that this won't go away from my body and so we have to deal with it instead. :)

9. I used to have irregular periods. pills were the way to go to make it regular, but it did affect our conception chances. so we made sure to follow our OB on all her instructions.

10. iamevallain

iamevallain Member

tackle the problem one at a time. the irregularity first then conception. why did she stop with the pills, did the OB say so?

11. Dilly's Mom

Dilly's Mom Active Member

A friend of mine went through the same thing. The irregular period was tackled first by using hormone thereapy, and then the dr assisted them on how to conceive :D

12. Honeylette

Honeylette Active Member

I think she stopped because they were trying to conceive. Just maybe. Because I try stopping pills whenever we try to conceive before. i don't have irregular periods so no prob for me though.

13. GOOD FOR YOU!!! :)
    just a PSA people, PCOS or Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome just generally means that you have multiple cysts in your ovaries causing hormonal imbalances that can actually lead to being infertile. o_O

14. yes, my sister has the same thing. sadly, she's infertile. I think its an ailment not frequently discussed and talked about. we should spread the word! :)

15. iamevallain

iamevallain Member

Yes, maybe. But nevertheless, I think there's a certain risk when you stop taking the pills all of a sudden, especially if you use it regularly to maintain your irregular periods.

Maybe your neighbor should do hormone therapies first before trying to bear a child?

16. Christie

Christie Active Member

As with all our problems regarding our health and our bodies, it's always best to consult our doctors :)