1. Join The Global Pregnancy Community Today!

Click here!

Welcome to Maternity Forum! Join The Global Pregnancy Community Today! Click here!

Is it Safe to Get a Massage in My First Trimester?

Discussion in '1st Trimester' started by HappyMum, Dec 28, 2016.

1. HappyMum

HappyMum Active Member

Hi expecting moms! :D

We all know that pregnancy can be stressful, so I want t share with you this video about getting a massage during your first tri. Enjoy! :D

2. JennyCannes

JennyCannes Active Member

I've always been afraid to have a massage during my first pregnancy, but my OB said that it is okay. I just have to be sure to go to a licensed and experienced massage therapists and make sure to tell her that I am pregnant :)

3. Christie

Christie Active Member

I think as long as you let the masseuse know that you are pregnant, you'll be okay. Because if they don't know how to massage a pregnant woman properly, they won't proceed.

4. HappyMum

HappyMum Active Member

Of course, every pregnant woman should make sure that the therapist or masseuse is trained to properly give massages to pregnant women.
    Better safe than sorry, ladies ;)

5. There are massage clinics specific to pregnant women! Yes! Maybe you can opt to go to those areas, so you won't need to be worried about it.

6. Leiah

Leiah Active Member

I believe there is one beside the OB-Gyn clinic in our vicinity. I heard they give very relaxing and soothing massages for stressed pregnant moms :p

7. That's great! Where do I sign up? Lol :D

8. LizB

LizB Member

I wouldnt go to a regular spa, and maybe get one of those preggy massages instead. But it wouldnt feel like the real thing so i guess i will stick with a foot spa :)

9. Peachkins

Peachkins Member

I was surrounded by superstitious grandmas so I was forbidden to get one when I was in my 1st trimester. :) Then I heard that as long as the tummy area and back is avoided, it is quite ok. Aaah too late.

10. Summer

Summer Member

I was supposed to have a massage when I was about 8 weeks pregnant but my mother in law said it's a bad idea so I didn't do it. It is difficult to have someone who wants you to believe in something they believe in. I was not even allowed to have foot spa. :(

11. I had back massage when I was on my second trimester and it felt so nice and relaxing. I had back massage every two weeks when I was on my second trimester until third because I have scoliosis and the baby was getting bigger and heavier and my back was hurting. It felt so good. :)

12. Solange Diaz

Solange Diaz Active Member

I think it's ok but it would have to be a gentler massage. Especially since you are carrying all that front load. I can imagine it would feel nice. Never got one though.

13. Oh, you should try if you get pregnant again! You will surely enjoy it especially if you start hurting your back because the baby is getting heavier. It really helps ease the back pain.