1. Join The Global Pregnancy Community Today!

Click here!

Welcome to Maternity Forum! Join The Global Pregnancy Community Today! Click here!

Is this true???

Discussion in 'General Breastfeeding' started by Love, May 23, 2017.

1. Love

Love New Member

Is eating a variety of different foods while breastfeeding will change the flavor of your breast milk?

2. Charm

Charm Member

I read an article that eating different kinds of foods while breast-feeding will change the flavor of your breast milk and this will expose your baby to different tastes which might help him or her more easily accept solid foods down the road.

3. Love

Love New Member

Thank you Charm. I am just curious if breastfeeding mother's eat spicy food, is the flavor of the milk becomes spicy too? Hahaha

4. Charm

Charm Member

Maybe. Baby can taste spiciness in breast milk, it alters its taste based on the food you take. For instance, if you eat garlic based foods, the breast milk may have similar taste.

5. Love

Love New Member

Thanks @Charm :) I have also read some articles and it is true! It may change the taste and aroma of the breast milk. Spicy and flavorful foods in your diet may actually help your baby to become more accepting of tastes and smells, well before they try solid foods.

Charm likes this.