1. Join The Global Pregnancy Community Today!

Click here!

Welcome to Maternity Forum! Join The Global Pregnancy Community Today! Click here!

Let's Talk about Sex

Discussion in 'Primary School Age' started by Solange Diaz, Dec 23, 2016.

1. Solange Diaz

Solange Diaz Active Member

I just read a post on fb about a mom being approached by his 12 year old son asking what a blow job is. And I just wonder, how did you (or plan to) tell your kids about sex and sex education?

2. MommyofTwo

MommyofTwo Active Member

Omg. I would drop my jaw if my son would ask me that. I will ask him first where he heard that but I am quite not sure how to introduce him to sensitive topics like that. I should be very careful with my words.

3. Amber Lee

Amber Lee Member

That's the scariest thing ever and I don't want my boys asking me that. It is a very sensitive topic for me so I guess I will ask their dad to do the explaing.

4. iamevallain

iamevallain Member

Adults'first reaction would make or break a childs curiosity. I think I will stay calm (at least on the outside), say I have not heard of it and try my best to divert the kid's attention (and cross my fingers that it will do the trick. Jeez! This is a hard question to eal with tho

5. Summer

Summer Member

For me, I will ask questions back like where did he heard it, who told him about it and stuff so I can gauge where I will start my explaining. I just don't know what is the first right word so I won't lose myself explaining.

6. Leiah

Leiah Active Member

If it's my boy who will ask me, I will tell him to go ask daddy lol. If a girl asks me, I will try to explain best as I can. We can't hide it forever lol :p

7. Honeylette

Honeylette Active Member

Haha, I don't think I can handle that situation if it happened to me LOL :D :D I will leave it to my husband instead :)

8. I honestly don't know how to answer that. I think I will stop and blush or cry or laugh. I haven't experienced that in the past with my nephews so I really don't know what to say.

9. Solange Diaz

I know right? I just think that I should prepare for this though. I want to look as calm as possible so he won't think I am shutting him out.

10. Solange Diaz

Yeah that was my first instinct too. Then i realized, wouldn't it be better if my son heard from me instead? That way, i could share my hope that he will be respectful of women, because I am one.

11. Dilly's Mom

Dilly's Mom Active Member

Believe it or not, I have given this a thought too. Although it is still a long way off, I have made the decision to be as fortright as possible. Even if it means explaining what a blow job is. I would focus instead on the fact that my son feels like he can ask me about these things and I want him to keep on doing that. So I will talk to him as appropriate and let him know that I would rather he asks me than go elsewhere for info.

12. MommyofTwo

MommyofTwo Active Member

I mean how do you explain that? Because the boy will surely listen and if he is not satisfied with the answer, he will ask more questions.

13. Peachkins

Peachkins Member

I am.so going to start writing my script for when that day comes. Wouldn't want to be caught unaware.

14. Dilly's Mom

Dilly's Mom Active Member

True. It's going to be tough. But if he is asking you the questions and not somebody else, i think it is better. Then he knows you are trusting him to.understand and he is trusting you to be honest. That is a wonderful relationship for a parent and child, regardless of topic. :)

15. This could be very tough to deal with. I will cross the bridge when I get there but have to think of a good way to handle this as early as now.

16. Christie

Christie Active Member

I would be afraid of the time when this comes. Then again, I hope my biy asks me and not his dad..I heard dads have a habit of making it like a game.. like a bit on the playful side.

17. Leiah

Leiah Active Member

Hmm. I think you're a bit right. I once overheard my brother telling his son that he is proud to have many girlfriends at the same time during his younger years. Certainly not something I approve of. Probably the same towards talking about sex.

18. Honeylette

Honeylette Active Member

Oh dear. I know men like to brag, but I will seriously nag my husband if this happens!

19. Princess

Princess Active Member

My nieces and nephew's schools have primary school program where at the age of 11, they are introduced to reproduction and sex slowly and gradually. That way, they won't be ashamed of asking questions and they can be guided by experts.

20. iamevallain

iamevallain Member

Such a progressive thinking! Nice one.