1. Join The Global Pregnancy Community Today!

Click here!

Welcome to Maternity Forum! Join The Global Pregnancy Community Today! Click here!

Light bleeding daily...should I be concerned?

Discussion in 'High Risk Pregnancy' started by Sue, Nov 1, 2016.

1. Sue

Sue New Member

I am 13 weeks pregnant and have been experiencing light bleeding. My dr. Doesn't seem concerned, but wants do another ultrasound in 2 weeks if bleeding continues. I have passed a few large clots. Has anybody else experienced this?
    Concerned first time mom

2. RoNa

RoNa Administrator

Hi Sue,

I haven't really tried bleeding when I was pregnant. My baby is now 1 year and 8 months. But I have a friend who experienced bleeding at 12 weeks. She was informed by her doctor to lay down and take some rest until the ultrasound is done. Proceed with the ultrasound in 2 weeks. But for now, avoid lifting heavy objects, take it easy. Also, it is best to have your prenatal check up regularly and if you think something is wrong call your doctor right away.

3. Sue

Sue New Member

Thank you for your response. I didn't cross my mind to not lift heavy objects.

4. RoNa

RoNa Administrator

You're welcome Sue. Oh! It is best to avoid lifting heavy objects. Keep it light for the next few months or so. :)

5. Christie

Christie Active Member

Wow, you are brave! That could really send me into tears if I was bleeding. Although maybe it's just my weak grip on emotions.
    My cousin used to have that bleeding, although hers is a bit serious I think, since the doctor put her on complete bed rest for three months. Absolutely no moving about unless it's going to the washroom.

Take care Sue, I pray it's nothing serious!

HappyMum likes this.
  6. Solange Diaz

Solange Diaz Active Member

Oh, that sounds scary! In the earlier stages of my pregnancy, I had light bleeding as well around 15 weeks, and sometimes passed large clots. My first doctor took a transvaginal and said that I was undergoing threatened abortion and offered absolutely no words of comfort except that to go home and come back if the bleeding becomes worse. You can't imagine how much I cried after that. But I took a 2nd opinion, and this doctor seemed to know more about what's going on. It turned out I had a large clot that was causing the bleeding and she gave me some meds to supress contractions, ordered me to complete bed rest and the clot disappeared in 3 weeks. My baby was born at exactly 39 weeks, healthy and hearty. SO my advice, trust your instinct. Get an opinion, and a 2nd opinion.

Dilly's Mom likes this.
  7. First trimester is the most important and crucial part of pregnancy. I had bleeding during my first trimester with my first child too, but that was because I had placenta previa at that time. It would be best to have an ultrasond to check the baby and what seems to cause the bleeding. Rona is right, avoid lifting heavy objects, don't strain yourself too much and do not stress yourself too much. We may speculate here as to what happened and what caused the bleeding but for the meantime and while waiting for your ultrasound, when you lie in bed, put a pilow under your bum. Old people said that it will help you stop the bleeding and will relax your tummy as well.

if you are not confident with your current doctor, you may seek second opinio and best to let them explain why you were bleeding, if that's normal for first trimester, what could cause the bleedig and other possible reasons. I am not sure but I think it is not really dangerous if you bleed on your first trimester as long as it's not a heavy bleeding.

I hope you and your baby is okay. Don't stress yourself too much. Take care.

Dilly's Mom likes this.
  8. Dilly's Mom

Dilly's Mom Active Member

It can be nerve-wracking to experience light bleeding so early in your pregnancy, esp if this is your first time. I remember being anxious and paranoid about the different changes in my body and I felt clueless half the time and scared the other half. that is why I consider finding a good OB to work with is crucial. It took me a while to find one I absolutely have 100% confidence in and I have no regrets. Some people just tend to stick with the one they are with, but with your baby and yourself on the line, you have the right to choose the best healthcare provider you can find. hope you find a dr who can help you through this and you can trust completely too. wishing you well!

9. HappyMum

HappyMum Active Member

It is something that your doc is not very concerned, which means it's not that bad or can be managed, but she should definitely give you advice as to how to manage this apart from just having another ultrasound.

I hope you'd get better and stop bleeding..

10. iamevallain

iamevallain Member

I think it would be best to go easy, you're probably a little stressed and there might be some other factors involved in this but it's best that you take extra care of yourself and avoid things that would require a lot of force or exertion. Similar to lifting heavy objects, running, jumping and the likes. I do hope it's really not a big deal.

11. Alex Santiago

Alex Santiago Member

I don't think any bleeding no matter the quantity is normal during pregnancy. Good thing you already consulted your OB about it. If it gets heavier in less than two weeks visit your OB again. I sound a little paranoid, but it's better to be sure.

12. Solange Diaz

Solange Diaz Active Member

How are you now, Sue? Hope you've had a chance to have your OB check the cause of the bleeding?

Dilly's Mom likes this.
  13. Dilly's Mom

Dilly's Mom Active Member

Yes, do let us know how you are. Sending you healing light and love!

14. HappyMum

HappyMum Active Member

Keep yourself stress-free as much as possible Sue. We hope you're okay and well :)

15. Leiah

Leiah Active Member

I heard from another expectant mom during a hospital visit that she was admitted and monitored because she passed some small clots during spotting. Maybe you should get a second opinion from another doctor because this should not be ignored for 2 weeks..

16. Princess

Princess Active Member

Yes, it's the best option to do. Visit another doctor and get a second opinion. It's very crucial to know what causes this during pregnancy, especially since there are clots going out.

17. Christie

Christie Active Member

Hi, how are you now? Did you have a repeat ultrasound? I hope you're doing better!

18. iamevallain

iamevallain Member

Were you able to know the reason behind the light bleeding? We are all looking forward to knowing how you are.

19. I just read this and it seemed so weird that your doctor is not a little concerned about the bleeding. I had a little bleeding once or twice during my 3rd delivery and I was asked to rest for quite some time and was prescribed medicines to avoid miscarriage.