1. Join The Global Pregnancy Community Today!

Click here!

Welcome to Maternity Forum! Join The Global Pregnancy Community Today! Click here!

Menopause Stick Test

Discussion in 'Empty Nest' started by Honeylette, Nov 4, 2016.

1. Honeylette

Honeylette Active Member

Is there such a thing? Haha! Like the ones we use to test for pregnancy? Recently I noticed a close friend and neighbor very bothered with it.

She's at her late 40s, pacing back and forth worrying if she has the menopause already. She says she should have had her period 2 weeks ago, and it drives her nuts thinking about it.

Princess likes this.
  2. Leiah

Leiah Active Member

I don't think so, but that would be really convenient.

I know a lot of women in their late 40s to 50s who are anxious to know if they already crossed that milestone, but are too timid to go see the doc about it. I think lab tests will be done to know for sure.

Princess likes this.
  3. HappyMum

HappyMum Active Member

Ha! Would have been useful for me when I went through it. It's like taking forever to know which is which!

That time I was hoping I can still have another baby but a visit to the doc and a few hormone tests and labs confirmed it.

Princess likes this.
  4. Dilly's Mom

Dilly's Mom Active Member

That would be awesome. I do wish they get to invent something like it by the time I hit menopause (which will not be very long, I think). My own mom had been saying she was probably hitting menopause everytime she would feel cold sweats coming on, or being dizzy, or feeling too hot. It was such a guessing game that I think it eventually became a convenient excuse for every thing making her uncomfortable. :D Imagine if you could take the guesswork out of the picture! THat would be swell.

5. Solange Diaz

Solange Diaz Active Member

Oh, if only! I'm not so young anymore, and I am nearing the end of my biological clock. i wish there was an easier, more accessible way of telling if I can still have another kid.

it would be so much easier pointing at a stick and telling your husband "Hey, get here and hurry up!" :p

Princess likes this.
  6. Dilly's Mom

Dilly's Mom Active Member

HEY GET HERE AND HURRY UP!
    - lol

7. Princess

Princess Active Member

I can imagine myself doing just that :D :D :D

8. I don't think there's such a thing, or is there? I mean Science has already brought us wonderful stuff, and I know there are signs that could tell if you are already menopausal but I think at the end of the day what's important is you should always have a positive outlook about life and you'll get by just fine.

9. Alex Santiago

Alex Santiago Member

Haven't heard of such a thing, but I hope they come up with one. Back in the day my sisters and I assumed our mom was menopausal because she was more irritable and meticulous than usual and we were right haha.

10. I got curious about this and found a menopause test kit, similar to how you use a pregnancy test kit. Amazon sells them apparently, but I wonder how accurate they are.