1. Join The Global Pregnancy Community Today!

Click here!

Welcome to Maternity Forum! Join The Global Pregnancy Community Today! Click here!

Mindfulness for Kids

Discussion in 'Primary School Age' started by Peachkins, Dec 7, 2016.

1. Peachkins

Peachkins Member

I stumbled upon a website full of resources for teaching kids to be more mindful. I like this one best:

I think we should take the time to teach our kids mindfulness and help them understand that acting out is not ideal. Instead, they should try to understand their feelings better so that they can find a solution faster, when they get frustrated.

I have other videos in my media album too :D

2. LizB

LizB Member

Thanks for this, Peachkins. I really think it's important that we teach kids mindfulness. Especially in this day and age when everything is so fast and instantaneous, it can be hard to just take some time to just breathe. WIll keep this one for my kid someday.

3. MommyofTwo

MommyofTwo Active Member

The kids are right, take a deep breathe. This is an amazing video. I will show this to my daughter when she wakes up. Really good to show kids with bad temper

4. Amber Lee

Amber Lee Member

Whenever my boys would tell me that they are getting mad because of someone or something, I always tell them that they should not speak until they cal down as they might utter words that they don't really mean. So far, what they do is they don't talk to the person (that imcludes me) for an hour and then they'll approach and say why they are mad. So far, it's good.

Leiah likes this.
  5. I like how the kids express how they get angry and what they do. That only shows that they know and they are educated on what might happen if they burst into anger and how breathing can help you ease your mind and not make any mistakes you'll regret in the end.

6. Solange Diaz

Solange Diaz Active Member

I think I can show this to someone I know, like right now. SOme of my friends have very willful kids, and I have seen some of them throw epic tantrums. Might be helpful to share. :D

7. Honeylette

Honeylette Active Member

This is a really good video. I like how the emotions are expressed by kids the right way. This should be how children are raised so that they won't grow up unable to control their words and actions.

8. HappyMum

HappyMum Active Member

Many kids nowadays are not mindful of their words and actions. They speak without regard to others when they are upset. This is a good reminder to parents that they should help their children in managing their emotions well and thinking before they speak or act.

9. Christie

Christie Active Member

I remember a scene from Bambi, where the bunny repeated what his mother said, "If you got nothing nice to say, don't say nothing at all."
    This is always a good rule when dealing with emotions, and a good example to kids.

Princess likes this.
  10. Princess

Princess Active Member

Yes, that phrase should always be taught to children. I like how the kids in the video are smart enough to be aware of themselves.

11. Leiah

Leiah Active Member

I told my nephews and nieces that they shouldn't talk or act when they are angry. I taught them to close their eyes for a few seconds and breathe. Works fine for them :)

12. Leiah

Leiah Active Member

This is a good way to deal with anger for kids. Though sometimes, other kids bully them for being calm :(

13. Amber Lee

Amber Lee Member

That's true, especially if the bullied kid is crying. Of course their emotions are uncontrollable because they are still young. So I always tell my kids not to bully their friends and classmates and ask them if others will do it to them, what will they feel? Then they think for a while and said they will not do it.