1. Join The Global Pregnancy Community Today!

Click here!

Welcome to Maternity Forum! Join The Global Pregnancy Community Today! Click here!

Missing the kiddos..

Discussion in 'Empty Nest' started by HappyMum, Nov 3, 2016.

1. HappyMum

HappyMum Active Member

It's been a great 25 years of marriage, and now that both of my kids are now adults, dashing gentlemen who are out writing their own stories outside our nest, I am feeling a bit sad that there's two less needy persons in my house yelling out, "Moooooom!"

Haha. Raising children has had its ups and downs, but I never regret a single thing. It has been a blessing, and now I look forward to having grandkids. Though my sons are still off building their careers so I have a few years to enjoy alone time with the husband. Haha.

Oh how I miss them! :(

Leiah likes this.
  2. Leiah

Leiah Active Member

I remember how my parents were like when I left home, being the youngest child. It was heartbreaking but happy at the same time, so I know how you feel. But of course the kids do need to start their own lives when they grow up, and it is what we all have to face.

How have you been doing so far? I heard that many couples in this phase are traveling and exploring new hobbies. It sounds fun! :D

HappyMum likes this.
  3. Dilly's Mom

Dilly's Mom Active Member

This maybe just the perfect time to go on new adventures with your husband, being made wiser, happier and more fulfilled with the experience of raising 2 gentlemen. I say you deserve some fun and relaxation now

4. Honeylette

Honeylette Active Member

I can almost see myself in your situation, hopping from beach to beach sipping margaritas by the sunset, chasing summer all year...

That is, if we can afford it haha! Kidding aside, I'm sure you miss your boys. They sound wonderful, and any parent would be sad when their kids leave the nest. Oh how fast kids grow up! :(

HappyMum and Leiah like this.
  5. HappyMum

HappyMum Active Member

Yes I do! And hubby is thinking of a 3-month cruise! It's not yet final, but I'm looking forward to it already :D

Dilly's Mom likes this.
  6. HappyMum

HappyMum Active Member

Chasing summer sounds like fun, although hubby is not a fan of overcrowded beaches, so it would have to be really planned to get good vacation spots haha.
    We've been playing tennis and jogging a lot lately, it's good. But we are planning to travel :)

7. Leiah

Leiah Active Member

Glad to see that you are doing great! I can imagine someday that my kids are going to leave, and even now it makes me sad!
    How fast these kids grow :(

8. Dilly's Mom

Dilly's Mom Active Member

That sounds fab! Now I'm imagining all the years ahead me and my hubby have before our infant leaves our nest. It feels like you are in kindergarten, thinking about graduating college. It feels so faaaaaar away.... :D

HappyMum likes this.
  9. HappyMum

HappyMum Active Member

They do grow too fast :( It seeems like yesterday, really, that I was teaching them how to say "mama" and "dada".

10. HappyMum

HappyMum Active Member

Savor it, because it comes very quickly, much faster than you think. If I could go back to that time I'd still take that chance. :)

11. The inevitable. My eldest is just 8 but I could already see the difference in how he reacts to me versus my 4 year old and 1 year old. Since I am no longer going to have children, I feel a sense of loneliness because I no longer have the capability to bring another tiny human in the world and yet I am happy to see all of them everyday, that I could still make time for them despite everything.

Once that time comes, if possible, I would want my kids to live just near the neighborhood so I can visit them often and ask them how their day was, I don't want to lose touch. I think that's my greatest fear.

12. Alex Santiago

Alex Santiago Member

It really is inevitable. It seems like it was just yesterday I was living with my parents, running around and turning the house upside down. And now here I am with a family of my own, which I admit scared me at first. I guess this what they call as the circle of life. Cheers to you and your husband for raising your kids properly. Hope I would do a good job with mine too.

13. I know right?! It seems that time goes by so fast and so slow at the same time. You know that you are yearning for the time to pass and would miss it right away. I hate these feelings.

14. HappyMum

HappyMum Active Member

I'm pretty sure you are going to be a great parent! It takes time and practice, but do everything with love and you'll be fine ;)

15. Leiah

Leiah Active Member

Oh this makes me feel scared and sad at the same time. Time does fly so fast, and before we know it, our children will be leaving home :(

16. Princess

Princess Active Member

Someday I want to turn out just how you did well with your two sons. My kids are very active and playful and sweet, and I would really resent the time when they will leave the house. But I'm happy how well things turned out for you, you raised such beautiful children :)

17. Christie

Christie Active Member

I hate them too. Sometimes I get surprised that a month has passed already and yet I feel like I didn't accomplish much during that time.

18. Like now, when has the time gone? I blinked and it's already almost Christmas. Isn't it just January 2017? I'm getting old.

19. HappyMum

HappyMum Active Member

You're getting waaaay to advance haha! It's just 2016 :p But yeah, I know what you mean! This year has been one of the fastest (But I say that every year anyway) :D

20. Solange Diaz

Solange Diaz Active Member

This made me imagine how my parents must have felt before. Oh, if I could only give you a hug right now! You will always be loved by your sons, and you have made an indelible mark that no one can erase, @HappyMum !