1. Join The Global Pregnancy Community Today!

Click here!

Welcome to Maternity Forum! Join The Global Pregnancy Community Today! Click here!

Names based on places

Discussion in 'Baby Names' started by JennyCannes, Nov 30, 2016.

1. JennyCannes

JennyCannes Active Member

I have grown fond of how romantic or classy the names Maine, Paris, Andora, Milan, Skye, Regina,Zaria and Iona are a few names I am very fond of :D

They just sound sooo....lovely to the ears. I don't know. Do you think they would make great names for babies?

2. Leiah

Leiah Active Member

I think so! Just look at Paris Hilton, she's rich and her name fits the image she is going for. I love Skye, can be used for both boys and girls :)

3. I love the name Dakota for girl, as well as Sydney. I just love how they are pronouced and their spelling. Looks elegant for me and very classy and very feminine. :)

4. Dilly's Mom

Dilly's Mom Active Member

I have a friend who named her boy London and I found it charming. I think it works, but it would be more interesting if there is a reason for choosing that particular place as a name. You know, maybe that is where the parents met, or lived for a while. It would be weird i.e. if you were Vietnamese and will name your child Dakota, just because. :)

Christie likes this.
  5. Alex Santiago

Alex Santiago Member

Yes they would :) I have a niece named Paris. And I've always adored the name Jamaica. Something about names of places sound so classy.

6. Christie

Christie Active Member

You have a point @Dilly's Mom haha, but I think it's because the Vietnamese don't name their kids like that and it's a totally different spelling and accent that made it weird.

It would be romantic though if there's a story behind it :)

7. Princess

Princess Active Member

Oh, that's a great idea! My husband and I first met at Narita in Japan. Maybe if I have a baby girl in the future I'll name her that one :)

8. Christie

Christie Active Member

That's a pretty nice and unique name for a baby girl, @Princess! Among those you said, my favorites are Skye and Maine. They sound so cute and classy :D

9. Yay! You now have one potential baby girl name. :)

I agree with choosing a name of a place because something is special in that place that you want to remember all the time, very sentimental.

JennyCannes likes this.
  10. Honeylette

Honeylette Active Member

What a lovely idea! I like how it would be sentimental @pocketfullofsunshine. I always like to know the reason how parents named their kids :)

11. Summer

Summer Member

My best friend named her kids Munich and Paris. She said those are the places she wants to visit when she retires. Then she said that if she gets pregnant again she will name them Sahara or Dallas.

12. Solange Diaz

Solange Diaz Active Member

I like the Gaelic form of Ireland --- Erin. It is one of my top contenders if ever I have a girl next time around. :D

Peachkins likes this.
  13. What a lovely name! I imagine the baby so cute and bubbly. Munich is a unique name with a unique spelling. What other names do we have?

Peachkins and Summer like this.
  14. Dilly's Mom

Dilly's Mom Active Member

I didn't know Erin means Ireland. I love that name. Yes, that definitely sounds like a good one. :)

Peachkins likes this.
  15. Summer

Summer Member

Yeah. They are actually after the unique names too and they want something that will be a mark on their child's personality.

16. Peachkins

Peachkins Member

I like the name Asia, I have a friend who named her girl that and nicknamed her Aya. :)

17. Solange Diaz

Solange Diaz Active Member

I just thought of a nice name --- Geneva! :) I am going to recommend it to my sister since she lives there. :)

Summer likes this.
  18. Leiah

Leiah Active Member

It's very cute and girly! :D I think your sister would love naming her future baby girl that one :)

19. HappyMum

HappyMum Active Member

I had no idea Erin is another name for Ireland! It is such a lovely and sweet name @Solange Diaz :)

20. HappyMum

HappyMum Active Member

I am in love with the name Amaya - it is a village in Spain. It sounds so quaint and pretty for a girl's name :)