1. Join The Global Pregnancy Community Today!

Click here!

Welcome to Maternity Forum! Join The Global Pregnancy Community Today! Click here!

Names based on places

Discussion in 'Baby Names' started by JennyCannes, Nov 30, 2016.

1. Summer

Summer Member

Right! A very nice name, I remember the movie of Anne Hathaway with this. Such a lovely place to live. It's nice when you name your kids with beautiful places. :)

2. Alex Santiago

Alex Santiago Member

I like the sound of it too! I like so many names posted here, too nad I'm carrying only one haha.

3. Princess

Princess Active Member

It sounds magical, like a fairy's name or something realted to that. I like it. It's really cute :D

4. JennyCannes

JennyCannes Active Member

This is a really great idea @Dilly's Mom :D That way, when your friends or your child's friends ask where the name came from, they have a good story to tell. It's also a good conversation starter for your kids when they grow up. :)

5. JennyCannes

JennyCannes Active Member

@HappyMum Wow, I agree with @Princess that it does sound like it came from a fictional book or movie that has magical characters in it. It sounds lovely :)

6. Leiah

Leiah Active Member

My husband's brother wanted to name his daughter Asia, because he met his Japanese wife on an Asian cruise. His wife though didn't want it to be spelled like that so she changed it to Eisha [pronounced eee-sha]. It's cute and suits her chinky eyes :)

7. I like the name Maine. For a little girl, it sounds sweet. Paris, I think is catchy but could actually be confusing for a name like Dakota. Depends on the parents entirely.

8. iamevallain

iamevallain Member

I guess for the location based names, it would be better to have them spell their names differently. I mean it would be nice if you are named after a great or beautiful city but if not, then might add to the self esteem issues in the future you know? I mean we all want to know the meaning behind our names and we tend to identify to it.