1. Join The Global Pregnancy Community Today!

Click here!

Welcome to Maternity Forum! Join The Global Pregnancy Community Today! Click here!

Night sweating

Discussion in '1st Trimester' started by Honeylette, Nov 28, 2016.

1. Honeylette

Honeylette Active Member

Has anyone experienced too much heat? I mean I have been sweating buckets of water and even the slightest touch from anyone just feels too darn hot. Is this normal? Because it feels so horrible and it's not even summer! :(

2. MommyofTwo

MommyofTwo Active Member

You're feeling okay, don't you? Or maybe because of the wind at night? But nah, it's already cold these past few days. But I do sometimes feel sweaty at times. Maybe you can shower right before bed time so you can relax after showering.

3. That's because of your hormones because you're pregnant. It's normal and you don't have to worry about it. You just have to shower before sleeping so you'll sleep well and maybe put on AC a little higher or fan. I hope that helps you sleep well and feeling not too sweaty at night. Wear comfortable clothes too.

4. Alex Santiago

Alex Santiago Member

It is normal. That's because when you're pregnant, your metabolism and blood flow are increased. And it has also something to do with our hormones. I'm sweating a lot too, being pregnant myself.

5. Solange Diaz

Solange Diaz Active Member

I believe it's the hormones. But with me, it was the other way around. I easily get hot before being pregnant. But on my 2nd month of pregnancy, I was suddenly always too cold!

6. Dilly's Mom

Dilly's Mom Active Member

It could be hormones. Even when we are not pregnant, our bodies have higher temperatures midway hrough the night. Even now I would still wake up around 3 or 4 am and feel very hot. Then will be cold again after 5am or so. Imagine how extreme it is when we are pregnant and with wacky hormones.

7. Christie

Christie Active Member

Happens to me a lot. My OB was joking that I have a very sensitive pregnancy and everything seems to be a "problem".
    Some nights, I feel too hot. Some nights are okay. I just warn my hubby not to get too close during hot nights lol :p

8. JennyCannes

JennyCannes Active Member

Haha, I remember my husband telling me that sometimes I morph into a banshee when I get irritated during my pregnancy. He jokes that I look like I will eat him alive lol.

9. Christie

Christie Active Member

Haha. There's been this joke I often hear about pregnant women transforming into monsters or having a ton of mood swings all the time.

It's pretty much the hormones but yes I know what you mean @JennyCannes :p

Last edited: Dec 1, 2016
  10. Leiah

Leiah Active Member

I always have mood swings when my hormones are a bit unbalanced. Haha. Maybe that's why men are so kind and thoughtful to women who are pregnant or have their periods :p

11. Amber Lee

Amber Lee Member

I've had those series of sweating when I was pregnant with my boys. Boy, it was really annoying! I had to sleep in front of a fan so I can stay asleep at least 3 hours straight. My armpits and legs were sweating too! My husband said it must be the chili that I kept eating when I was pregnant that made me extra sweating. I am not sure if that's really the culprit.

12. HappyMum

HappyMum Active Member

It's pretty normal for pregnant women to feel too hot as hormones kept trying to outbalance each other. But your husband may be right. Chili has enzymes in it called capsaicin that increases the body's core temperature :p

13. Amber Lee

Amber Lee Member

Argh! Those may be the culprit! The problem is I cannot help myself eating spicy food especially if we always eat seafoods! Haha. How can you say no to delicious foods like that? :)

14. Have you had yourself checked? Hormonal imbalance is the reason why our bodies are not exactly in it's best state. Hyperthyroidism is one of the culprits for me, I do not feel cold anytime even if it's already 10 degrees Celsius.