1. Join The Global Pregnancy Community Today!

Click here!

Welcome to Maternity Forum! Join The Global Pregnancy Community Today! Click here!

One household chore you hate doing

Discussion in 'Empty Nest' started by MommyofTwo, Nov 11, 2016.

1. MommyofTwo

MommyofTwo Active Member

One thing I really hate doing is cleaning up the laundry. I like washing them but when they're dry and needs fixing, it will take me forever to put them in their respective closet.

How about you mommies?

Dilly's Mom likes this.
  2. Alex Santiago

Alex Santiago Member

I really hate washing the dishes. I find it very tiring and all those food bits kinda disgusts me. I would prefer washing clothes than dishes haha.

3. MommyofTwo

MommyofTwo Active Member

I kinda like washing dishes sometimes. I like the smell of our dish soap and I feel like the kitchen is so clean after I wash the dishes. But I don't like washing those big casserole especially during occasions.

4. Oh, I hate getting the dust from our windows! It makes me sneeze every time I do that. The dust is everywhere and you sweep and sweep over and over again. Most of the time I put the dust on my shirt too. :(

5. Dilly's Mom

Dilly's Mom Active Member

We have the kind of washing machine which doesn't really dry the clothes thoroughly and I hate hate hate hanging up the laundry. It breaks my back!

6. Solange Diaz

Solange Diaz Active Member

Cleaning up after my husband's mess. I actually have 2 babies --- one small and extra large. ha!

7. JennyCannes

JennyCannes Active Member

Haha this is a common problem among households, it seems. :D

I really hate cleaning the house, it takes me one whole day each week to clean everything up, and then the kids and the hubby would mess everything up again!haha

8. Honeylette

Honeylette Active Member

Everything laundry. The time it takes for everything to be washed and dried, plus folding and ironing, then the sorting... It's time consuming and tiring!o_O

9. Princess

Princess Active Member

Washing the dishes. My dishwasher broke a couple of months ago and it was so horrible! We would like to buy a new one, but with the pregnancy and baby expenses, it would have to wait and we do the dishes manually this time. It's such a chore!

10. Christie

Christie Active Member

Cleaning up after the kids. They can really make a mess, those kids! I am happy seeing them play and express their creativity, but the aftermath is just horrible!

11. MommyofTwo

MommyofTwo Active Member

So true! It would take me forever to do that too, so I guess I have to say generally all about laundry is what I hate, except laundry of cloth diapers. :p

12. MommyofTwo

MommyofTwo Active Member

Oh my gosh! I know how you feel! My husband leaves all his shirts everywhere! And his shoes, my goodness! He can't even put his shoes in place. Very, very lazy hubbies. Haha.

13. I hate mopping the floor especially when the kids are awake. For some reason, they LOVE stepping on the wet floor, and you have to mop it again and they slip on the wet floor, they'll cry and it's a chaos. I do mop in the morning and the trick I do is I put my baby in a high chair so I can mop at peace. Haha.

14. MommyofTwo

MommyofTwo Active Member

Sorry @pocketfullofsunshine but I laughed when I read about your baby on a high chair to mop at peace. :D This is a brilliant idea, haven't try this one because I usually mop the floor in the evening when they're all sleeping so the floor has a chance to be clean overnight. :)

15. HappyMum

HappyMum Active Member

It's true! They love making those tiny footprints everywhere, and added points if their feet are dirty and they get to leave their marks well! :D

16. Sometimes they want to make the chores harder for us, really. Haha. But sometimes instead of me getting mad ad annoyed, I laugh at them because they do all they can for me to notice them.

17. MommyofTwo

MommyofTwo Active Member

I get annoyed a lot when I do chores and kids are everywhere, but sometimes when they do things to get noticed, I really can't help by laugh because they make these silly gestures and my baby is always holding my pants, following me wherever I sweep the floor.

18. I have organization problems. Keeping stuff in order and making sure they stay that way. My partner gets really mad when my clothes are strewn over my dresser but I could get so busy that I don't have time to do that. And I don't like ironing clothes, so much that I don't buy certain clothes (even if I like them) if they require ironing.

19. I don't iron clothes unless uniforms of my kids and husband. Our house clothes remain as it is, I just put some fabric conditioner so they don't need ironing and they smells nice.

20. Alex Santiago

Alex Santiago Member

Haha true! Especially when they get home from work. He just places his stuff randomly at home, and the OC in me just can't let it pass so I clean up after him, just like how I clean after my daughters haha