1. Join The Global Pregnancy Community Today!

Click here!

Welcome to Maternity Forum! Join The Global Pregnancy Community Today! Click here!

Packing Your Hospital Bag

Discussion in '3rd Trimester' started by JennyCannes, Nov 11, 2016.

1. JennyCannes

JennyCannes Active Member

Hi there wonderful moms and ladies! With the big day going nearer by the minute, it's probably time to start preparing your hospital bag, and other necessities that should be ready before your give birth.

Here is my list of hospital bag must-haves:

For the baby:

Onesies
    Long-sleeved shirt
    Trousers
    Blanket
    Diapers
    Wipes
    Cotton pads
    Mittens and booties
    Beanie

For you:

Hand sanitizer
    Toiletries
    Towelletes
    Underwear
    Maternity pads
    Clothing
    Socks
    Breast pads
    Nursing bras
    Loose underwear/disposable knickers
    Snacks

Got any to add to the list? Feel free to add yours :D

HappyMum likes this.
  2. Honeylette

Honeylette Active Member

Don't forget these ;)!

Slippers
    Camera + charger
    Baby car seat for going home

HappyMum likes this.
  3. Princess

Princess Active Member

A pillow or two. My hubby brought me two pillows and they made me feel very much at home, and comfy as I wait for my discharge from the hospital. :)

Honeylette and HappyMum like this.
  4. Christie

Christie Active Member

I have to agree with the pillows. Hospitals and delivery centers often only provide 1 pillow per patient, so if you wish to add extra comfort and support, bringing the extra pillow is definitely a good idea.

5. JennyCannes

Wouldn't hurt to add healthy snacks and drinks! Hospital food aren't exactly the most appetizing and comforting to eat :p

HappyMum likes this.
  6. JennyCannes

Thanks for the suggestions :)

Oh yes! We can't forget this one! :D

7. MommyofTwo

MommyofTwo Active Member

I agree with this. Since we love food, we cannot forget to bring this, or maybe our husband will do some mini grocery while we are in the labor room. :)

8. Solange Diaz

Solange Diaz Active Member

My number 1 recommendation after a CS - adult diapers. I couldn't bend down to pee or change pads down there for the first 2 days and there was so much blood that when i was wearing maternity pad, I had to change every 3 hours. The pain was too real. hahaha!

HappyMum likes this.
  9. Gosh, I remember when I gave birth with my eldest, I brought adult diapers and it was such a lifesaver, no leaks even when I was lying the whole day, I had to change 3x a day and I just can't imagine the pain while bending to remove it.

Solange Diaz likes this.
  10. Solange Diaz

Solange Diaz Active Member

I know, it's true. It was an absolute life hack. I recommend to all my preggy friends!

11. I guess when you give birth through C Section this is really a must, I am not sure though if you give normally, is the blood amount the same?

12. Dilly's Mom

Dilly's Mom Active Member

Hospital pillows suck. I say two votes for this suggestion! :)

13. Dilly's Mom

Dilly's Mom Active Member

I think the bleeding is the same because that is your uterus shedding the now unnecessary lining. But there could be complications if there is a tear. I had a friend who had to use a catheter after delivery. :(

14. HappyMum

HappyMum Active Member

If you are due in the cold months especially winter and early spring, don't forget your warm clothes for you and your baby! :)

15. HappyMum

HappyMum Active Member

I can imagine the pain when you have to change pads that often. Adult diapers are real life savers!

16. Leiah

Leiah Active Member

This is important for those due in the middle of winter. Babies can get hypothermic pretty quickly, even thick blankets won't be good enough for them.

17. Princess

Princess Active Member

Very true. It's either they're too hard, too soft, or just plain uncomfortable. That, or I just complained a lot when I gave birth :D

18. Christie

Christie Active Member

Lots of fruits and homemade meals are great too! :)

19. Honeylette

Honeylette Active Member

Oh yeah, the pillows in the hospital were waterproof and very uncomfortable to use.

20. MommyofTwo

MommyofTwo Active Member

I had catheter when I gave birth to my first child but the doctor didn't mentioned anything about a tear. Gosh, I got scared. What are catheters for? @Dilly's Mom I am beginning to panic. :(