1. Join The Global Pregnancy Community Today!

Click here!

Welcome to Maternity Forum! Join The Global Pregnancy Community Today! Click here!

Packing Your Hospital Bag

Discussion in '3rd Trimester' started by JennyCannes, Nov 11, 2016.

1. HappyMum

HappyMum Active Member

They usually put in urinary catheters when you undergo CS or any surgery that requires you to be put to sleep. This is to prevent you from peeing all over the place once the anesthesia is starting to have an effect since it relaxes your urinary tract muscles, which controls urination :D

2. Leiah

Leiah Active Member

Thanks for the info @HappyMum! I was wondering the same thing haha :p

3. Princess

Princess Active Member

Oh so that's why they put in a catheter but even after it was removed, I didn't experience any incontinence after that. If there's still incontinence after some time, a visit to the OB would be your best bet.

4. Princess

Princess Active Member

Shout out to the moms who are due in the winter. It's pretty much just around the corner :D Have your winter coats cleaned up and prepare those baby winter clothes as well :)

5. Honeylette

Honeylette Active Member

@Princess yup! Looks like this winter will be a harsh one, since it is starting to snow early in many parts of US and Canada already and it isn't even December yet!

6. iamevallain

iamevallain Member

I would probably add my own blanket, I got confined for a week and I don't like the way the hospital blankets are so thin and the aircondition of the room can get super cold at night, plus socks, because when I accidentally touch the metal it send shivers down my spine.

7. That's probably the same on my list except I like packing my diary or if you would like to save mementos bring your memory book or something.

8. iamevallain

iamevallain Member

Is anyone here giving birth like this month or soon? I would suppose it is a little more difficult to give birth in the winter because you are recuperating but still trying your best to be bundled up properly. And I know people say, it could get a little longer for wounds to heal during the winter? I don't remember where I read that though.

9. RoNa

RoNa Administrator

For the list. I will surely send this to a friend who is currently 37 weeks pregnant.