1. Join The Global Pregnancy Community Today!

Click here!

Welcome to Maternity Forum! Join The Global Pregnancy Community Today! Click here!

Patron Saint of Conception?

Discussion in 'Wanting to conceive' started by Picked Peppers, Jan 15, 2017.

1. I myself am a Roman Catholic by religion. I just wanted to ask if any of you were praying to a certain saint/allah/messiah/etc. when you guys were trying to conceive? Me and my wife always pray at night (after we do the business) to St Gerard, the Patron Saint of Motherhood. I just want "extra help", if any. haha. thanks guys!

2. Rrrobert

Rrrobert Member

we went to mass everyday when we were trying to conceive. lol it turned out to be pretty effective, and it kinda heightened my appreciation for religion.

3. Pray directly to God. No one can beat that prayer. Have faith that you will soon conceive. Those other elements (saints, patron, etc) are just instrument and no one can beat it if you direct to God. No need for bridges. :)

4. I dont have any particular saint that I pray to. I guess faith in whatever God you believe in is enough. :)

5. iamevallain

iamevallain Member

I don't really practice my faith. but I do pray to mother mary. she's my hero, really. haha

6. Honeylette

Honeylette Active Member

I agree with this a hundred percent. I've never prayed to any saint before, even if I believe in them and admire them, God will always be first :)

7. Christie

Christie Active Member

I pray only to God too. I am a Catholic too, but I am uncomfortable in praying to others besides God. But I think that when we have faith, God will provide. :)

8. HappyMum

HappyMum Active Member

For me, as long as we have faith and our intentions are good, there is no harm in asking for help. We all have our sets of beliefs. God will remain the first in our lives, and as long as we keep that faith, He will provide for us.