1. Join The Global Pregnancy Community Today!

Click here!

Welcome to Maternity Forum! Join The Global Pregnancy Community Today! Click here!

Planner / To do notebook

Discussion in 'Off Topic Chat' started by pocketfullofsunshine, Jan 11, 2017.

1. In this modern time, I am not sure about you but I still write my plans and meetings and other important stuff in my yearly planner. I don't have a Starbucks planner though, but I buy those cute and chic planner you can buy online.

Even though I have my own computer and mobile phone, I am still used to writing stuff, it feels different and very satisfying. Anyone here who still do this like me?

2. iamevallain

iamevallain Member

I keep myself busy by writing on my daily journal (or diary, if you want to romanticize it!) I write recipes, what I did that day, random notes, drawings and etc. It helps with keeping the mind alert and sharpens it at the same time! :)

3. I haven't done this before, even as a teenager all of my peers did the whole "diary confessions" phase, but I never did. I guess it wasn't my thing to be writing. lol. But, I am willing to try! thanks for the idea @pocketfullofsunshine!

4. MommyofTwo

MommyofTwo Active Member

I used to do this before I had babies. I haven't done this for 2 years now, and I just got inspired with your post. It's not too late, is it? I don't think I know how to write anymore since I always communicate through gadgets. :( I think I need to go back to writing. I miss it.

5. Rrrobert

Rrrobert Member

believe it or not, guys did those too. but not diaries, they're journals. HAHAHA.
    I liked to write, so I wrote on my journal every day when I was a kid. and now looking back, Im glad I did. I get to remember and reminisce the little things that happened before! :)

6. I think I'm older than the average of the people here on this forum, and I think writing is a great way to keep the mind on tip top shape. technology has dulled our minds as we face screens for 24 hours a day, 7 days a week! think of it this way, whatever you write, is strictly confidential to you, to your pen and to the paper you write it on. Nobody else can see it unless you wish to show it to them, not like your computer, phone, tablet, etc.

7. Summer

Summer Member

I always have a journal. I started when I was in high school. My teacher told us to keep a journal of our day to day activities and then it became a ritual for me. I buy journals and planners every Christmas before the New Year so I get to keep a lot of journal since then. :)

8. Leiah

Leiah Active Member

I like this. I have always loved writing when everyone else like to type on their computers and smartphones. I thought I am keeping my brain working by making my hand move :p

I don't have fancy planners, but I do keep a sketchpad and make it as my own doodle planner. It's messy, it's full of ideas, and it's how I want it to be. :p

9. MrHandy

MrHandy Member

I love planners. I have a black moleskin that I bring with me wherever I go. I use it to stay on track and not miss any appointments, or not book two activities on the same time. :)

10. Princess

Princess Active Member

I like writing down my ideas. Whenever I use my smartphone to record my thoughts and ideas, they just get buried under all the tweets, messages, emails, and notifs.
    Writing them down on my go-to notebook helps me check off things I want to do :)

11. Peachkins

Peachkins Member

I have always kept a journal since I was 6 years old. I like looking back on my lists, and thoughts and doodles and see how far (or how not so far) I have gone. :D

12. Wow! A man who is very organized, yay! I always admire dads who does that. I mean if you are an "office man" you really need this and if you really have lots of meetings to attend to. :)

13. I'm actually good at drawing/sketching things like faces, buildings, landscapes, etc. but I don't really show it to people. so my journal is filled with sketches! haha.

14. Summer

Summer Member

I doodle most of the time too. I am somehow talented in drawing in sketch pads since high school. :)

15. I don't see why you should stop! :) as we get older, we should continue those little things. helps reduce the aging. haha.

16. Rrrobert

Rrrobert Member

im always afraid that I might accidentally delete a note filled with my thoughts and ideas, which is why I'd rather write it all down. :)

17. Summer

Summer Member

True! I never stopped, I still do this when I'm stressed out and when I'm tired. :)

18. this has been a big problem of mine! I always do notes on my phone, then when I look for it, it turns out I haven't saved it! I think it would be best if I keep a small notepad in my bag next time. lol

19. iamevallain

iamevallain Member

nope! never too late to jot down notes! :) just need to keep on striving. haha.

20. Very true! Like for me, when I am bored I reset my phone and erase all apps. hahaha.